Tuesday 31 July 2012

July report

Today is the last day of July.  And what a month it has been for me. I will be glad to farewell July as it hasn't really been the favourite month of the year. After experiencing a rebellious teenager and my car had major problems, my life is slowly going back to normal. I missed alot of scrap meets as I needed to sort out other problems that arised first.

The first week of July was the second week of the school holidays which the girls were still away at Grandma's. They arrived home on the eve of semester two resuming. During the second week I managed to see two released movies at the cinema.

The girls have been back at school for three weeks now.  I changed high school enrollment in this time for my eldest child.  She's been at the new school for one week now and seems to settled in well.  She's studying the same subjects she done at the old high school and junior sport is held on the same afternoon of the week as well. Just she needs to get used to the new timetable system as each lesson times is slightly different each day.  She starts school 25 minutes earlier then her sister and generally she's home by the time I picked up her sibling from her primary school. On Mondays they finished high school half an hour later because of their whole school assembly in the mornings.

After season one of junior bowling the girls had their prize presentation when semester two resumed.  Both girls done well and it was mentioned what they got rewarded for in the sporting blog a couple of weeks ago.

Right now its the 30th summer olympics held in London for two weeks. It would be a great experience in my lifetime to watch a sporting olympic event or more but I guess it is just too far for this olympic to sit and watch live.  How about you? I guess the next two weeks I will be glued to the TV screen on most nights or laptop for reading the results.  Channel 9 has been fairly good and shown a variety of sports involving afew nations of the world.  Just it's impossible to stay up all night to watch! 

At present time Australia is ranked in 10th position as they only won four medals from swimming. Going by media reports I think most of our Aussie olympics feel disappointed for letting our country down.  NO paw-ese!  I don't think so!  They are already winners in my books by just going there to enter. How many people dream of entering the olympics but never get there to compete?? The olympics is a very strong competitive sport and involves all nations of the world. But I have noticed the competitors are getting younger to enter and they are the ones who intend to break either the world or olympic record.  I feel our olympians are doing the best to their ability.  Support from their family, coach, fans and their country should be their top priority before and after the event taken place.  I feel their trainers/coaches put too much pressure on their trainees and expects them to be coming home with the gold only. If my children were involved in an international event I would be proud of them for just representing their country, with or without any medals around their neck. 

Enjoy the last month of winter/summer in your hemisphere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment