Saturday 7 July 2012

Goodbye School Holidays

This is it!  This time tomorrow the kids will be back home from their Grandma's.  The joys (but more likely stressful times dealing with teenagers these days) will be back to haunt me for one semester.

I do wonder where the last two weeks went as I feel these school holidays just went out the window.  Come back holidays!  I was just starting to enjoy my stressfree zone!!! Inspite the plans on my mind to start spring cleaning, I didn't get very far this time.  I managed to get abit of duties done upstairs. The girl's rooms were a total disaster!  I don't even know why I bothered with their rooms because by the end of their first week back home, it will be like a cyclone been here again.

Speaking of the weather we had quite a cold holiday season this year.  The first week was miserable with cold rainy periods.  At least this week was more sunny during the day but cold at nights and sunrise. I can't wait for spring to come and I really feel the blues when it's winter. If only I could be a bear, I would love to hiberate during the winter months then I don't have to deal with winter colds and flus.

As I said earlier I had a stressfree time for two weeks as my kids were away at Grandma's. Going by their regular phone calls I assume they enjoyed their break away at the beach.  I don't think there was too much swimming going on because it would of been abit too cold up there too.  The kid's father went up there today to pick them up but he stayed overnight at his parent's house.  I think the next trip planned is plan for Spring vacation as there is talk about going whale watching in Hervey Bay. You won't see me on a boat because I suffer sea sickness quite badly.

So this weekend is my home alone time!! It was a wonderful feeling to have the music volume pumped up on the stereo for a while today.  But I don't think my cats were impressed with that as they were trying to sleep indoors.  It was such a funny sight to see one of my cats hiding under my blankets on my bed.

Other times for the past two weeks, I was spending time with afew friends, three scrap meets and seeing three new released movies at the cinema.  I happened to see ROCK OF AGES, ICE AGE 4 and SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN. Really enjoyed the first two listings but the snow white movie wasn't as good as I thought it would be.  The making of this movie was good but I didn't really like the story plot. My 14 yo thought the movie was boring but I don't think so.  Alot of action involving high level of violence! This movie isn't suitable for young children, that's for sure and totally different from the fairy tale story told when you were a young child. 

On Monday I am hoping to see an old time movie at the cinema in Brisbane.  I have read the book over twenty years ago but never seen the movie.  Next weekend I will have to organise a movie time with my kids to see ICE AGE 4 (in 3D this time) and Brave as the following weekend they will be at bowling leagues and tournaments.

All the best to kids for a great semester two.  I should expect to see my 14 yo report card on the first week back at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment