Monday 30 July 2012

Olympics started

Australia will be competing
Good morning everyone!  How was your weekend?  Basically I just hanged around at home to watch the Summer Olympics, live from London. On Saturday morning I was up early to watch the opening ceremony live.  Did you see it? What did you think of the ceremony?
 
The Olympic Logo
In Australia we see the daily day events start from 6:30pm and is shown all night on TV until 9am in the morning.  Twice during the day they show highlights of each day for two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. Each night I plan on watching some events until I fall asleep around midnight.  Then I am up by 6-7am to watch more events until 9am on the weeekend.  During the school days I will watch some until it's time to drive Rachel to school.  Once I get back from her drop off (when I am at home)  I will watch the highlights for two hours in the morning.  I was told I will get square eyes from watching too much of the Olympics.
 
The Cauldron was lit at the opening ceremony
It's seems Australia isn't doing so well with their water events this time.  So far we only have one gold, one silver and one bronze from swimming.  At last count of the medal tally, China is in front with 12 medals and USA is second with the total of 11 medals.
 
Shame ten pin bowling isn't part of the Olympics games. Last night I was at bowling to bowl in my league.  We won all the points against one of the top five teams.  My team partner bowled a 201 game.
 
Better go as I need to get to the shops to buy a birthday present for my husband as it is his birthday today.   His mum's birthday was only two days ago and I don't know what her family got her for her birthday. In August we have two family members with their birthdates, only three days apart. I don't think there will be any huge celebrations on these days as they aren't hitting a new milestone era.
 
Have a nice weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment