Sunday 15 July 2012

The Vet Appointment

Because I have a rebellious teenager on my hands I had forgotten I mentioned I had taken one of my cats to our local vet surgery on Wednesday morning for his annual check up and yearly immunisation.  He was not impressed on being there!  He was in no hurry to get out of the travel box for the vet to perform her vet duties.  But as soon as the check up and immunisation was done, he was like a bolt of lightning to get back into the box. So, how are your pets when it is time to go to their local vet clinic?
 
On the holidays I had to pay for Gismo's annual animal registration. It went up $11 in one year.  It was introduced to have cats registered four years ago while I have no clue when dog registation started.  Does your country have animal registation for cats?
 
Shame we can't have some form of chip registration into teenagers. It least we would know where our child is at all times.
 
I wouldn't say I was the perfect teenager over twenty years ago but I know I didn't pull this form of stunt that my daughter is currently doing. If I done this at her current age I would copped a belting of a lifetime but today the law says the parent aren't allow to smack their kids.
 
Better go and sort out the clean laundry.  Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Well, Little Miss Stevie just loves a car ride to just about anywhere... that includes the vets. Once inside the place - and in the birdy section (as there's designated areas for the animals where she goes) - she is right at home. When Debbie Monk gets her cage up on the table, and gets me to coax her onto my finger and I have a chat to my bird, she speaks my little bird's language, looking at her wings, down her nose, in her mouth; and all the while, my budgie is chewing on her gold necklace as though it's a toy... funny little bird!
    The last time Little Miss Stevie was at the vets, and Debbie Monk saw her, we had fun watching my budgie avoid tissues and run away from cotton buds... it was hilarious. Debbie said that my bird was smarter than the average budgie and then clipped her toe nails... then put her back in her cage. My cheeky budgie then flicked a piece of dried poo off her bum and across the room! It bounced off the desk and the computer and landed in the corner! Her vet wasn't impressed and neither was I! This meant they had to clean the whole room before using it again... boy was I mad! And LMS knew it when we got home; I put a cover over her and stopped talking to her for half and hour (the equivalent of the naughty corner for birds).

    As for rebellious teens? I was one myself. And it's not a good thing when you've got problems in your head and feel as though nobody else understands. It's difficult when you feel so out of touch with the people closest to you; and yet they won't let you anywhere near them to find out what's wrong.
    It took me ages to figure out that my family was there to help me... and once they did, it was good; mostly. It all took time to bring everything back into what it was like before. When puberty hits, it's the hormones, feeling like an adult stuck in a child's body and a whole lot of other crap that is just as confusing that can really spin a teenager out to the point where they think nobody knows what it's like. I just hope it all works itself out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read the high school's newsletter via email today. The school nurse was sharing information for parents to understand how a teenager mind works. Just wish she wrote more on how to control these kids without going overboard. I am trying my best to set ground rules without dealing with the same problam again.

    ReplyDelete