Thursday 5 July 2012

June report

It's already five days into the seventh month of 2012 and just realised I haven't made a June report. 

June was the beginning of our winter season in Australia and what a cold winter it has been for this part of the state.  I have heard every 2-3 years the state will experience a cold season but I wasn't predicting a wet season for this year.  I am guessing more rain is on its way as I had a sore ankle for afew days now and the ants have been hanging about indoors.

Inspite the cold season it didn't stop me dealing with normal commitments with the family, catching up with friends and a couple of relatives who happened to be in town for three weeks. I managed time to see two new released movies at the cinema.  I saw MIB 3 and Rock of Ages with a friend.  I loved both movies!

The next day after seeing Rock of Ages movie I went to the shops to purchase the soundtrack as I loved the music they used in this musical based movie about a fictional rock artist character.  This character was played by Tom Cruise.  Consider he is getting on abit with age, I was amazed he's still got a good young looking body figure. I first noticed Tom Cruise in the 80's when he played a character in THE OUTSIDERS.

I attended to a tupperwave party for the first time in a decade.  I was quite surprised to see only a couple of new products released.  I purchased a new steamer for the microwave and a mini hand controlled bender that chops as well.

Also I managed to attend to the annual big morning tea auction to help fund raise for Cancer.  I came home with only two prizes this year and won an auction of an overnight sized bag I bidded on. I only used this bag twice already when I had events on.

Semester one of schooling past quite quickly. On the last week of term both schools had their annual sports day events.  My 12 yo did well in coming 2nd in the 800m track event.  I think she qualifies for the districts in term 3.

The first week of school holidays happened in the last week of June. I had a peaceful and stressfree break from parenting as my kids were away on holidays with their Grandparents who live in Hervey Bay.  Reality will set in when the kids return home this weekend.

I planned on getting some spring cleaning done during their absence but I didn't get much of it done in the first week as I had other plans.  Besides being on the phone or laptop for hours on end, I had a couple of days being out to attend two scrap meets and caught up with friends for two hours at a stamp club in Brisbane.

Speaking of spring clean I better go and make a start with some chores to be done. It's hard to get the motivation into gear when it's cold in the mornings and evenings. I only got four days to complete some cleaning of rooms and downstairs. If I don't start now, it never will be done. 

Wherever you are, enjoy this month of July!  And a happy 4th July to our American readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment