Monday 30 April 2012

April report

Where did the month of April go?  It's was the second month of autumn but I think we might have an early start with winter as we had cooler nights already.

It was a busy month with normal commitments, craft and sport. I was the star of the week once at bowling and the girls entered into one tournament played at their home centre.

Redcliffe
The first two weeks of the month were school holidays and I tried to keep my kids busy with activities and day trips.  Besides going to the movies and shops, we had bowling leagues as normal.  We had two day trips to the beach when I drove to the north side of Brisbane to visit Bribie Island and Redcliffe.  It has been well over 20 years since I last visited these places so it was quite a surprise to noticed the changes over the years.

The kids have returned back to school for term two for two weeks now.  My 13 yo only got her school photo package home today after delays on getting them before Easter.  My 12 yo had her districts cross country when school resumed.  The poor girl had to run the course again as a small group of students ran the wrong way into the course.  It wasn't really their fault as the marshall on duty wasn't paying attention at that particular time.

Camp's accomodation
Only on the weekend I was away on scrap camp at our usual venue. I think it is now five years since I have been going to scrap camps twice a year.  It was kinda the right weekend to be away and be indoors as it rained cats and dogs from Friday night to Sunday morning.  At one time we were getting abit too concern thinking we might of ending up extending our stay if flood waters were around in the lower areas of the road.  Thankfully the rain stopped during the early hours of Sunday morning.

Have a good month!

No comments:

Post a Comment