Monday 9 April 2012

Easter weekend

Our Easter weekend is coming to a close quite fast.  How was your Easter?   This weekend we had our time at home as well as being away on day trips. Did you go anything exciting with the kids?  

On Good Friday it was Rachel's 12th birthday.  We went to my parent's house for lunch.  In the afternoon I spend some time with my 20 yo feline friend (who is dying) and Rachel had her bowling league.  Her league was very quiet as only half the players showed up to play.
 
On Easter Saturday Monique had her bowling league in the morning.  Being a long weekend, not many showed up either as she had an early finish too.  In the afternoon we went to the pool and small waterpark in Brisbane with my best friend and kids for a fun filled afternoon in the water. I was surprise the water wasn't as cold as I thought it would.  It seems the kids did get on very well with Monique as they are all similar ages.
 
Yesterday I decided to have the day at home and make a start with the spring clean of this laptop.  I was starting to have too many files of normal documents stored in my hard drive.  I burn some files onto the CD and then deleted over 50 from the rubbish bin. I still got my files from my picture files to download onto CDs and download more photos from my camera to do as well which I hope to get done sometime this week.
 
In the morning I had the Easter egg hunt organised with the kids. Because they are now older I had to learn to hide the eggs better.  I must of been good because it taken them a short while to find six small eggs in our backyard. And I don't think these eggs lasted very long in their hands either.
 
Last night we had our bowling league.  We bowled well to win all the points against a blind scored team.  I was the star of the week this time as I bowled a 191 game last week.  The league had an Easter raffle last night.  We didn't win a thing but one of the bowlers won 2/3 prizes.  Not fair!
 
How's the weather your way?  For the first time in a long time we had fine and warm weather all weekend.  This morning when I watched the morning news on TV, it was said some snow has fallen in Tasmania.  The capital city (HOBART) is only going to reach 12 degrees today. I guess our southern states of Australia might be in for a cold winter in the mountain alps if snow has fallen already.
 
Currently it's lunchtime on Easter Monday here.  This afternoon I plan on going to the cinema with Monique to see TITANIC in 3D.  It will be a 3 hr long movie! Both of us seen the movie a couple of times on DVD but I never had the opportunity to see it on the big screen years ago.  This week marks the 100th anniversary when the Titanic ship had the accident in 1912.
 
Better go and get some things done before we leave.  Have a good week! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all have had a good weekend. Such a pity your bowling didn't work out the way you hoped, but then the water park would have made up for it all.

    I'm unable to go to 3D movies due to my Epilepsy. The last symposium I went to about it had people with my condition telling one of the best neuro-surgeons that whenever they attended those movies - and they were stablised - three days later, they took a massive seizure and were taken to hospital. This is because 3D overworks the brain (this is the modern 3D methods not the old methods which are totally different) and causes people like me to have massive problems with it.
    I'm just thankful they haven't completely taken over the cinemas with 3D... wiping out 2D altogether.

    Mum, Dad and I helped Gabe and Kat move yesterday... what a tiring day! Today, I'm going to clean up downstairs... just small stuff, but it'll make a huge difference. :)

    ReplyDelete