Sunday 1 April 2012

Hello April!

Where did March go? It doesn't seem long ago our autumn season just started. But I wouldn't call it true autumn as we still had summery temperatures and rain.  There was some flooding hit in North QLD as they had rainfall caused from a tropical low.  Even this rain went down as far as South of Mackay where a town was flooded too.  This put my plans to travel over Easter on hold as I thought it was going to continue rain over these current holidays.  I am now starting to kick myself as it isn't the first time I decided not to go because of the weather predictions.

How was your weekend?  I had a busy Saturday with three events on. In the morning I had my scrap workshop to attend until 1pm.  At 4pm Rachel had her Easter tournament to bowl in at her home centre.  She came 4th to win a small gift box of Easter goodies.  In the evening I was out catching up with a friend until late.  Driving home I spotted a ute on fire on Juers Street, Kingston. It was kinda a scary experience and had trouble sleeping because I thought about my vehicle if it was safe to leave it parked in my own driveway for the rest of the night.

Today I forgot it was April Fools Day.  And I was caught out by one of my friends on facebook.  I felt like a fool once I realised it was a joke.  But I am happy to report I had a great night at bowling. Besides sharing the points to win, I managed to bowl 76 pins over average.  I almost scored a 200 game.  I was only short of a good game by nine pins.  After bowling I stayed for an extra hour to have dinner with one team.  It was brought up the lanes will be changing again as a couple of new teams might be starting to join our league soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, March vanished on us pretty quick, didn't it? Well, onward and upward, I say. :D

    I didn't forget about April Fools Day, I just couldn't think of any jokes to play on anyone... nothing to really joke about... however I did get into some gardening, threw out a lot of stuff I didn't need in the yard.

    Worked on the house and I'm walking in the morning every day now.

    ReplyDelete