Thursday 5 April 2012

School Holidays 1

Hi everyone!  How was your week been going? It's hard to believe Easter starts tomorrow.  Where is this year going?  It will be Christmas again before we know it.  Actually, that is a scary thought as my very soon turning 12 yo daughter will be graduating primary school in December.
 
This week was the first week of the school holidays.  It is strange to have this holiday for two weeks as we were used to having the Easter weekend first then the week off afterwards.  But for the first time starting this year, the government changed the holiday by having the students getting two weeks off over the Easter break.
 
This week has been a variety with time at home as well as out.  On Monday afternoon we went to the cinema to see The Lorax in 3D. It was a funny movie if you are into Dr Seuz books. 
 
On Tuesday morning Rachel had her dentist appointment.  The dentist was happy to report that her teeth are fine.  But she did have to remove some plaque in odd places as Rachel doesn't clean her teeth properly. Been donkey years since I last visited a clinic.  I know I need some serious dental work done to my teeth but it will cost me too much to have it done right now.
 
Today we went to the beach with another family to help celebrate Rachel's birthday.  We had a great day swimming in the surf and relaxing under the shade.  The disadvantage problem about sitting under a shady tree was the birds coming over later in the afternoon.  while consuming afternoon tea. Others in my group thought it was hilarious (and I know you all will think the same and be falling off your computer chair after reading this) that I got poop on by a bird in a tree. It not only happened once, it was twice and the damn bird pooped on my slice of chocolate cake (that I baked myself) as well. I am not sure if it was the damn same bird but my car (as it was parked in a shady area) copped some pooped as well. Damn birds!!
 
Have a great Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment