Saturday 7 January 2012

New beginnings

How's the start of 2012 been going for you? I had a busy week preparing many scrap pages ready for yesterday's first meet of the year.  It was a 12 hour workshop held at a local school's staffroom.  I wonder where this school got their funding from or what strings they pulled from QED as this room had too much of a luxury compared to other public schools in this state. Further details can be read from my craft blog.

But I might of forgotten to mention about the menu for the day. We had to BYO lunch but dinner was provided from the organiser at the workshop.  Luckily for her there was enough luxuries there to cook and clean afterwards. We had cold chicken, ham and a variety of freshly made salads to choose from.  For dessert a cheesecake and some other interesting dessert (made from slices of chocolate cake, fruit and ice cream mounted into a large jelly bowl to freeze until ice cream sets normal) was consumed.
 
A month has passed since school holidays began.  Back to school sales have started because the kids go back to school in two weeks time.  My kids are still away on holidays and we will get to get straight into school organisation as soon as they get back home next weekend. I could purchase some stuff without them being around next week but it's abit impossible to buy new shoes when they aren't around to try the new shoes on before I purchased them.
 
When I was out buying the groceries at my local supermarket this week, guess what I saw?  Easter stuff already out on the shelves.  And it's only the beginning of a new year. I am sure most people would be trying to get over their festive season celebrations right now.  Most people who have school aged kids would be more concern the costs about their kid's school supplies then worrying about Easter.
 
Does anyone follow tennis?  Currently the world game matches are played in Brisbane which the finals are on this weekend.  Apparently one of the ladies from yesterday's craft meet went along to one of the matches recently.  It was her Christmas present from her own family to watch a day's match.  She told everyone yesterday her favourite player is Pat Rafter (who is now retired and I am sure there is a court named after him) and he literately run into her by accident.  She was over in cloud 9 which we think she still is because she was raving on about Pat all day!  I wish someone famous would accidently run themselves into me but I don't like my chances of that one happening in my lifetime.
 
What's on your agenda for this weekend?  Today my husband and I have been busy in the front garden.  We went out to the gardening store to purchase two ute loads of earthy red crushed tree barks to put into our gardens.  You should see the front yard now.....its so fresh and bright!  
 
Tomorrow night my bowling league resumes back after a six week break. It will be nice to catch up with other league players and play in our friendly competitive games for another full season.
 
Whatever plans you might have for this weekend, I hope it will be a good weekend for you and your loved ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment