Monday 9 January 2012

Heatwave coming

As I sit here, we are currently experiencing 35 degree heat outdoors and it aren't even the lunch hour yet.  Been school holidays still, I am sure our beaches and waterparks will be busy today with many people of all ages trying to cool down. 

Our festive season is over for another year and some employees who were lucky to have time off over Christmas and New Year probably gone back to work this morning.  In two weeks time the kids will be back at school for a new year of learning.

How was your weekend?  My husband and I had a busy weekend as we decided to work on a couple of projects outdoors while it's mostly fine weather about. This time twelve months ago, it wasn't fine.  If I can remember we had rain and more rain for about a month.

After afew trips to our local gardening store, we came home with two ute loads of crushed bark for the front gardens and created a wooden planter box to start growing vegies in the garden on the side fence towards the back.  But the first box has afew strawberry plants instead.  Apparently this breed of plants bare fruit for most of the year. But it will be interesting to see how many strawberries I will get to see coming inside as I am sure my darling little children will get to them before I would.

It was back to bowling to start league last night.  I will report the progress later on in my sporting blog but right now I will just say it was nice to be back to play and catch up with other players after a six week break. My team mate wasn't there as she's still away on holidays but she will be back to play with me next week.  Actually she wasn't the only one absent as I noticed a couple of others weren't there either.  We also lost a couple of teams but gained two new teams as well. 

What's on your agenda for this week?  Not really planning to do much outside my square but I plan on enjoying my final quiet week at home as the girls will be back home from their holiday this weekend. I will be out mid week to catch up with a friend to have lunch at a shopping centre. 

Whatever plans you might have scheduled for this week, have a good week! And remember to stay cool on a hot day/s this week.

1 comment:

  1. My weekend started out great... a big clean-up and a friend coming over to listen to vinyls of hers on my turntable while we guzzled ice tea... yum!

    Then today... OMG!... today was just so dreadfully hot that when I turned on the computer to edit something it overheated immediately, so off it went I vanished on some conversations on FB... damn! While I had the time (and the air-con running), and the side of the computer pulled off, I took the opportunity and cleaned out the fans and wiped out the whole computer with a cloth sprayed with glasses cleaner (this has alcohol in it which will dry fast and keep the dust off the fans for a while). Tonight, as you can see, I am able to get on the computer for a while. But I have had to move the tower of my computer right in the way of the cold wind of the air-con to keep it cool.

    ReplyDelete