Thursday 19 January 2012

Holidays almost over

Good evening readers and followers!  How was your week?  This week is the final week of summer holidays for Queensland Students.  I think after six weeks is long enough but my kids were away for half of these holidays so they were probably glad this summer was long. 

Of course our weather pattern was nothing like last summer.  More sunshine and hot days this time round which I am sure it was ideal for most beach holiday goers.  I never went into the sun a great deal this summer but my girls would of consumed alot of vitamin D intake as they spent most of their time for three weeks at either the local beaches or waterpark in Hervey Bay.

You can tell summer is here because our regular TV shows are off aired and we have cricket and tennis season on instead.  I am not a cricket fan but I will sit and watch an odd game of tennis.  Right now the men's single match is played in Melbourne with Hewitt v's Roddick which I am sure most tennis fans know who they are. 

Being the final week of school holidays, we had quite a busy week purchasing and finalizing our school's booklists and uniforms ready for next week.  For the public system, school resumes for all primary grades and a couple of high school grades on Monday.  While all other grades in high school resumes from Tuesday.  It will be a short week because we have a public holiday known as "Australia Day" on Thursday.

On Tuesday we had a fun day out with a friend of mine by going to the movies and social bowling. For the movies we went to see PUSS IN BOOTS in 2D as my friend hasn't seen the movie.  If you haven't seen the movie you will have to now wait until the movie reaches DVD because the screening of this movie might be now over at most cinemas.  When we went it was only one time session per day and it was quite early in the morning to see it.

Happy Feet 2 is another movie I would like to see but I hope it is still available to see this weekend as I seen when I purchased the tickets on Tuesday they only had two time sessions in the daylight hours now. I thought this movie was released on Boxing Day so I was quite surprise it will only last a month at the cinema. Maybe the rating of this movie isn't as good as I first thought then.

Goodnight all and sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment