Saturday 14 January 2012

A hot week

Hi followers and readers!  How was your week?  I didn't do much this week because we had a heatwave for a couple of days.  The temperature here reached mid high 30's and stayed high until around sunset.  Normally I enjoy summer with early 30's temperatures but once the temperature gauge reaches past our normal body temperature, it becomes unbearable. 

What surprise me more was our pool water was fairly cold still. You think being hot for afew days the water would be like having a bath but it wasn't.  I think the pool being inground kind might have something to do with the water remaining cold.

On Wednesday afternoon I spent an afternoon catching up with a friend. We have been friends for the past two decades.  We first met up at college when we both studied a six month office course in the early 90's.

We had lunch at a nice cafe and hanged around at the shops to stay indoors to keep cool. For me it was more a spending spree as I shopped at a couple of stores.  My friend taken me to this music store who still sells vinyls. I was over the moon and couldn't believe my eyes to see vinyls and more vinyls.  Most of the vinyls varied in price from $2 to around $70.  The last time I can remember buying a vinyl would of been when I was a teenager. So I grabbed afew vinyls from the past.  All I need to get is a turntable to play them. 

I only have one more sleep to go and the kids will be back at home after their three week holiday in Hervey Bay.  My DH has gone up to HB this morning to pick them up.  But he will stay overnighter and come back with the kids tomorrow afternoon.

It's been good to enjoy my quiet parenting break but at the same time I missed the kids!  The kids have been ringing me regularly to chat with me or their Dad so poor old Grandma is going to have a nice phone bill, the next time the bill arrives at her address. 

Speaking of bills we had our electricity bill and my car rego paid this week.  When you next receive your electricity bill you might noticed the ambulance cover won't be on it.  Apparently the Australia Government removed this and they are going to fund the ambulance for us.  YEAH RIGHT!  They will get their money back somehow from all of us.

Never realised until I heard on the radio that yesterday was Black Friday.  Generally that happens when it's school holidays, I intend to forget what day of the week we are up to.

I am not really a superstitious person about Black Friday but I think yesterday I would have to say it was more my lucky day.  While I shopped for afew grocery items I came across Kellegg's Pop Tarts on the shelf. Now I haven't seen these for afew years now so it was delightful to have them back.  Pop Tarts are quite expensive for a pack of eight but they are more my breakfast treat when I get tired of consuming boring toast in the mornings.

What's on your agenda for this weekend?  While I said earlier I will be home alone for majority of this weekend as my DH is away.  I plan on using my final "ME" time to get afew things done around at home.  Thank goodness this weekend's weather will be more comfortable to be outdoors.

Whatever plans you got, have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to catch up with you on Wednesday - even though we both roasted that day! And I'm so happy you enjoyed Rockaway... a very cool store I'm a regular customer of.
    I have bought 80% of my record collection from there; and don't intend to stop. It's a great place to hang out and spend a good few hours wasting time just looking ... and eventually spending a lot of money in. :D

    We must do that again... :D

    ReplyDelete