Tuesday 24 January 2012

Back to School

The summer school holidays are now over.  Amazing how quickly the six weeks went.  Half of these school holidays my kids were away in Hervey Bay. While they were away I managed to do some spring cleaning upstairs and caught up with two friends.

Other times when they were at home, we spent alot of time at the shops and seen nine new released movies at the cinemas.  We had seen Puss in Boots twice (my favourite movie), Arthur Christmas, Dolphin Tale, Alvin and the Chipmunks 3, Happy Feet 2, The Muppets, We Brought a Zoo and War Horse (only my 13 yo seen this movie with me and a friend of mine). Majority of the time I enjoy animated movies but I did like We Brought a Zoo as well.  I am sure there is a couple more movies I would like to see before summer ends next month.

As for the movie titled "War Horse" I won't be wishing to see this movie again in a hurry as there was so much true fact graphical scenes filmed. One thing about this movie I had a better understanding about our ANZACS who sacrificed their life to save our country.  Also I can see what kind of life my grandparents would of had to experienced because they were only young children when WW1 hit.

The kids are now back at school this week.  My 11 yo daughter was back at school yesterday and was introduced to the new national curriculum.  My 13 yo daughter was back for a new year of learning today.  I was quite surprised to hear she came home with homework already.

I think it might of been the wrong week to start back at school because we are experiencing the start of a real wet week.  In the last 12 hours we would of had around 100mm of rainfall which of course filled up our swimming pool very fast.  I heard there is flash flooding about but seriously I don't think we will experience the repeat of 2011 floods as this rain will die down in a day or so. This rain might be great for our lawns and gardens but it aren't good when you have to travel for school routines and attended to other events thoughout the week. But once that lovely sunshine of ours comes back out after her time out in the clouds, it will be hot and very sticky again.

Speaking of rain, it's quite heavy outside now.  At least we all will sleep better tonight.  Time for bed to sleep anyway because I will have another busy day tomorrow.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment