Saturday 31 December 2011

NYE

Hi followers!  How was your week?  After all the spending and preparations leading up to Christmas, the weekend just passed on so fast. And now only 14 hours away, 2011 will be out the door too. 

Since Boxing Day my DH and the kids went away on holidays to Hervey Bay. My husband is due to come home tomorrow night but the girls will stay an extra two weeks at their Grandma's.  They phoned me last night to let me know how's their holiday is going.  It seems they are enjoying themselves.  I stayed behind for a couple of reasons but I used this week to get into some serious spring cleaning upstairs and catching up reading some chapters from a novel I purchased from the school's book swap about a month or so ago. 

The novel is called The Face in the Locket by Alexandra Connor. Th story is set around WW2 time about a young girl becoming an orphan after her parents died.  The young girl is raised by two aunts who live at their secluded house with a disabled uncle (ie the aunt's brother). This 536 page novel is a powerful saga fiction about passion, conflict and the will to win through life. I am now about half way into the novel.

Going by the weather looking outside with rain periods this morning it might be abit of wet night out at Southbank for people annually celebrate NYE there. I won't be there but I do have other plans on. I am just going to be the opportunist tonight!!

It's been quite a long time since I have been out celebrating NYE. While the other half of the family is absent I thought I would use this opportunity to go out and have fun on NYE with friends.  We plan on going out to see the movie "War Horse" at the cinema, grab some dinner and whatever else is fun to do.

Well.. whatever NYE plans you got, have a good night! And best wishes for a great 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment