Sunday 18 December 2011

Quiet weekend

Hi followers!  How was your weekend? It's hard to believe the first week of school holidays has been and gone already.  What's the next five weeks going to bring?

This weekend I decided to have more a quieter time at home after the girls had their bowling presentation yesterday. They did well and for further details you need to read from my sporting report blog.  Yesterday afternoon I spent afew hours on updating our bowling reports from this year.  I didn't improve my average that much but my eldest daughter did well with hers. Of course she did come home with a trophy for most improved bowler from Sunday night leagues. i think it might have something to do with owning her own gear and entering tournaments.

In the evening I was busy playing scrabble online with a friend.  We started four new boards of playing and we were about half way into all the boards by the time I went to bed sometime after midnight. A good thing about scrabble, it helps keep my mind active.  Also I like to solve crosswords, do word searches and crack the code kind of crosswords.

What is your favourite board game? When I was a kid, I used to love playing board games with my cousins. My favourite game would of been monoplay. We used to play it for hours while our parents were chatting away in another room.  But now since modern technology is here I probably more play games online.  Facebook has alot of games which I try to find to play by myself or with friends.

Today I was busying making a start with preparations of scrap pages ready for next year's workshop.  Also I entered two show 'n' tell swaps for a yahoo group I joined last week.  It's an Aussie craft group for members who do any form of arts and crafts.  It's only a new group started up last month.  The owner (who I already know from a different group) sent me an invitation to join.  Members who enter these show 'n' tell swaps need to create either a card or scrap layout with the theme about Christmas and Australia Day then scan/photo take their work and add them to a particular album on the site. At first I thought I done the swap wrong as I didn't read the instructions for the second swap right but it turns out I was lucky my page layout I used to scan was very similiar to the example layout used from the host.

Well... my readers, better go as I have dinner to make for my family. 
Have a good week! 

1 comment:

  1. I loved Monopoly; but never understood it as there was money involved. As the years passed, I learned to count money with this game; it was good for me.
    Then, there was the fun of Cluedo... great game and I won 80% of the time. I loved figuring out the whodunnit kind of games.
    Otherwise there was 'Scotland Yard' which had us running all over London chasing after a criminal who held all the cards... :) This was a game that had me loving the map of London and wanting to visit there; which I did in 1997.

    ReplyDelete