Friday 30 December 2011

Goodbye 2011

Only five days ago we all were celebrating Christmas and now in less then 28 hours we will be farewelling 2011.  And what a year it has been for my family. Besides keeping busy as being a SAHM, I had my time on facebook to play games mostly and scrapbooking by attending to regular meets and workshops.  Even had two weekends away to attend to scrap camps at Brookfield which is situated west of Brisbane.

The year might not been great for some people as they experienced either floods, bushfires or earthquakes in some countries.  The only downside of my year, I lost another relative who lived in Central QLD.  Her funeral was held in early September.

My eldest daughter started high school and her year seem to passed on by very fast.  She had a busy year with her curriculum, school events and sporting competitions. Her report cards had excellent results and comments. It seems sport and art are her favourite interests. 

Most of our weekends were busy at the bowling alleys to play in leagues and tournaments. I think my eldest daughter is going to bowl more like her Dad because this year she started to bowled 200 games. For me it was earlier this century during league I started to bowl 200 games.  It feels good to bowl your first 200 game but as time moves it doesn't feel the same anymore.  League bowlers now dream of bowling the perfect game of 300.  I haven't been there myself but my DH has been very close once (298).

The best highlight of my year would have to been seeing John Farnham in concert. It aren't very often I go and see a concert so when this opportunity rose, I had to go in November.  I saw his performance live at QPAC which is situated in South Brisbane.

Do you believe in New Year resolutions?  I gave up on that thought years ago because my resolutions never seem to work out as planned.  I had a couple of things I would like to do next year but I am not going to have my hopes high thinking these plans will go ahead.  Consider what I have been through in the past few years, I now intend to live one day at a time.

All the best of luck, good health and happiness throughout 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment