Sunday 4 December 2011

Interesting weekend

Hi followers! How was your weekend?  Been kinda busy here over the weekend with afew things to do at home. 

Yesterday we went to the movies to see Puss in Boots.  Inspite being a huge cat fan I loved the movie.  Full of action for an animation movie!! If you plan on seeing the movie with your children over the holidays, be prepared for particular scenes in 3D.  I was abit motion sickness after I seen it in 3D.  If I take the kids to see it again over the holidays it will be seen in 2D instead.  But the next movie I love to see is Happy Feet 2 which is released on Boxing Day.

Where has this year been going? Can't believe the end of the school year is coming up so fast.  After this Friday the kids will have six weeks off school.  What a nightmare for parents, finding activities for them to do during this time!  For me I am hoping to have some time away on a short holiday or weekend with/without the kids.  They might be going to their Grandma's for a short holiday after Christmas.

Consider it's only 21 more days until Christmas, have you started on your Christmas preparations yet?  Only this week I started on my list with Christmas cards and purchased a present for one child.  I only now send cards to people who don't have internet connection.  All the other people on my list will received an email message closer to the time of Christmas.
I will have to finish the present shopping this week otherwise it will be hard to shop while the kids are on holidays. I am not planning on making a big spend out on presents this year as I need the money to pay for the course/s I am planning on to study next year.  There is two courses I am thinking of doing but I have decided on which one to do first.  Thanks to the person who gave me the right advice.  All I got to do is find my vocational placement to use for next year. 

I have no clue on what to give for a teenager or a husband for Christmas. I think some gift cards will be the ideal thing for my husband this year as he seems to purchase on what he wanted throughout the year. I know what my teenager daughter would like to have as she's been nagging for it for some time.  Not sure if I will go ahead with her wish list this year or wait another year.  It's more her sister I am concern about when it comes to other people's personal belongings. Rachel has wrecked afew items we preloved over the years. Of course now it's impossible to find a replacement in excellent condition. 

I have already purchased my parents a present in November.  Like my husband they intend to have collected alot of stuff over the years. Some items they won from the club while others are presents that don't intend to come out of their box. There will be a time in my life when I have to go through all their belongings after their departure of old age.  It probably take me weeks to go through everything they owned.  I think I will have a garage sale instead for the new stuff in boxes!!

Guess it's now my bedtime as I need to get up early in the AM. I will have a busy day at home to get afew things done while my little darlings are at school.  I guess by the middle of the week I should receive my children's report cards to view and keep in their scrap albums.

1 comment:

  1. Christmas is always a busy period for us. I've got so much to do in the next week and half and then, I'll have a lot of traveling around the city to look at bookstores to do reviews on for My Reading List. On there, I've got an event running for the whole of Summer where I've been working on things every few days to keep my readers interested over this time of year, throughout Christmas and the NYE period.
    I have an interview with Australian Author, Estelle Pinney, tomorrow on there. Today, I put up links to all kinds of blogs and sites for poetry for anyone who is interested. Who knows what I'll be doing next week. :) All the activities are spontaneous and off the cuff and very much unplanned and that's how I'm keeping my followers.
    Otherwise I'm hoping to get to know my good friend, Will Burke, better as we head out on our first date soon after Christmas.
    Well, I hope we can catch up and have coffee soon enough. I've missed seeing you around this year; but I have enjoyed reading your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete