Friday 16 December 2011

Week one of School Holidays

Hi followers!  How was your week?  It is now school holidays for our kids.  QLD just had the first week passing by quickly.  The girls and I had abit of a busy week. Besides making a start with spring cleaning updates, I have been on abit of a shopping spree as well. I purchased some craft supplies at bargain prices.
 
On Tuesday we had our girls day out by doing abit of shopping, watch a movie and had lunch at Pizza Hut.  At the movies we watched Arthur Christmas.  I guess if younger children go and watch this movie they will wondered how Santa will arrive on Christmas Eve. 
 
My eldest child had her report card arrived via snail mail on Monday.  I am proud to say she did very well this past semester.  She's on target for English, Maths and ICT.  Triple A's for Art and HIgh Achievement for other areas.  The best comment was in Art where it reads: YOU ARE A PLEASURE TO TEACH DUE TO YOUR RARE TALENT, INSIGHT AND DEDICATION TO THE SUBJECT. Only six art students of her year level have received an A for achievement. She is going to study Art next year!
 
This morning I have been busy watching two morning news shows as I found out last night on breaking news during a movie about our Aussie Music Guru named Molly Meldrum.  Molly was admitted to hospital last night after a serious fall at his home address in Sydney.  His injuries included four broken ribs, a punctured lung and a fractured skull. He had an emergency surgery last night to release some pressure from his brain. He is currently in a deep coma but he has managed to surived the first night intensive care. His neurosurgeon said on TV this morning that Molly is stable at present time but Molly is in a life or death situation right now. It's too early to indicate what changes will happened in the next 24 hours or more. Molly will have another cat scan this morning to see what the latest is happening to his brain.  Please pray for Molly to recover from his ordeal!
 
Better go as I have afew things I need to do today.  Have a good weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm so happy you received the report card in the mail - finally! And her scores are wonderful! Way to go in Art! :D Taking after Mum... :D

    I heard about Ian "Molly" Meldrum; and I'm holding him in my thoughts. He's a great music and public figure... the hospital he's in the one of the best in Australia and they are doing the best they can for him.

    ReplyDelete