Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas Everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful festive celebrations with your loved ones.  Today we went to my parents to celebrate christmas with them.  We didn't show up until around 11am as we were busy at home unwrapping our presents and preparing salads to take.
2.4" video and MP3 player

Looney Tunes Flash Drive

After breakfast we opened our presents.  The girls got some toys to use in the pool, a bowling set and many other things to use.  The plastic pins are almost big as the real bins at the bowling alley. The girls gave me a poster and a beach towel from Tiger Island at Dreamworld.  My DH gave me a looney tunes 4GB USB memory stick and a video and MP3 player.  Looks like I am now the 21st century mum as I am slowly collecting and using modern technology.  It's a 8GB which I can download photos, videos, texts and music. 

By the time we arrived at my parent's house we unwrapped more presents. My parents got my husband and I a gift voucher each to use any particular stores listed. Not sure when I plan to shop to use my voucher but I am definiately not going to any Boxing Day sales tomorrow. 

It was about 12:30pm by the time our lunch was served.  We had turkey and ham served with baked potato and two salads (potato and garden). For dessert my mum made this trifle but I didn't have any because I was stuffed from consuming a main meal in the middle of the day.

After lunch my DH set up their top set box (it was their present from us) ready for when digital TV comes in a year or so. Then we watched an afternoon movie from TV about snow dogs used for a race.

We left my parent's house at around 5pm. For the past three hours we just been lazying around at home.  The girls were in the pool playing with one of their new pool toys for about an hour.  They even managed to wet me while I was trying to take some photos.

Enjoy the rest of this weekend!  The girls and my DH will be off to Hervey Bay tomorrow morning to spend one week with his side of the family.  My plans for the next two days is to get some more spring cleaning upstairs and do some hobby activities at nightime.

No comments:

Post a Comment