Tuesday 2 August 2011

July highlights

Hi everyone!  How was your month? When you think of it, where did the month of July go?  It seems to went out the door so fast.  In over four months time Christmas will be here. 

We are now half way into winter season and I will be glad when it finally ends for the year as I am tired of cold nights and having colds/flus going around in circles in this household.

When the new month began, we still had another week of school holidays left which the girls and I managed to catch three movies at the cinema.  We went and saw Cars 2, Mr Popper’s Penguins and Kung Fu Panda 2 at the Logan Hyperdome.  On Friday we went to Arana Hills League to spend time with my parents for 2.5 hours to see some light entertainment, raffle draws where I won $15 cash and we all had lunch from the club’s cafe. 

After two weeks of school holidays, semester two has started since 11th July. Back to school means back to normal commitments again involving school, sport and craft. Tuesdays would have been my favourite day of the week because I visited the craft store weekly to casually scrap with other ladies or by myself.  I started to work on Rachel’s album so I can try to get her years up to date.

In the first couple of weeks back to school, I viewed Monqiue’s report card that arrived in the mail box and her school had their parent teacher interviews again on 26th July which this time I met all her teachers in 90 minutes. 

Also her school had their sports day for two days which Monique managed to come home with four ribbons for both field and track events.  She came 3rd for Triple Jump (4.70m), 2nd in long jump (3.26m) and 400m run and 1st in 200m final.

On 24th July Monique played in her fifth TQI tournament which was played at Capalaba Lanes again.  It was our lucky day because I won $30 from the lotto number card and Monique came home with two medals.  Her team came 2nd and her second medal was for high game scratch (196).

Guess that's all to report this time.  I hope you will have a good month throughout August.  There is two members in this household who will celebrate their birthdays this month. You will need to guess who they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment