Saturday 27 August 2011

What a week!

Hi followers!  How was your week?  Inspite a mixed bag of weather sightings I remained busy with normal commitments and craft meets (which I will chat more about in my craft blog). 

I have turned another year older for a week now.  And for two days I watched afew DVDs of my favourite TV show that I received for my birthday.

Unfortunately a tragic event happened for one family in our city this week.  I know our locals would of heard about this but for overseas readers, a house fire destroyed the lives of two families.  It is hard to imagine what these survivors are going through right now after losing three generations in one go like that. 

When I hear tragic events like this one through the media, it makes me think even more on how short our life really is.  We all (especially today's teenage kids) should be thankful we have a life to live for...food on the table, clothes on our backs, a roof over our heads and parents to love us.  But for parents who have teenage kids, they would understand the pressure we (as parents) have to go through with their kids.  People say terrible twos are the worse years! I think they were wrong about that one.  I reckon the teens years are the worse to cope with.  There is times I just wish I could hiberate until my brats turn 18.

Today wasn't really a good start of the day for me.  This morning I received some bad news from my best friend. She now lives overseas and I am thankful we have the net so I can chat to her at times.  But this isn't the kind of news I wanted to read.  I think I have been through enough for the past 3-4 years. She told me her friend is very ill with a brain tumour.  He is only in his 40's and the survivor rate with this tumour is slim.  He is fighting as hard as he can and he is going through chemo treatment. 

Last year when my Dad was sick and was in hospital more then once with his ordeal, I did do alot of research about cancer treatments.  I read if a patient goes through chemo treatment, it can have serious side effects to other parts of the patient's body within 6-12 months after treatment.  After I read this I do wonder if it is really worth the trouble to live for, if surgeries or treatments are going to cause more grief than recovery.

Time to update other blogs now. Have a nice Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment