Friday 22 July 2011

Wrist injury

Hi there!  How was your week?  For me, it was more a quieter week because I suffered a mild wrist injury on Monday morning, just before we headed out the door to send the girls to school.  I am not really 100% sure what happened.  Last thing I can remember I was too busy thinking on what I was planning on doing that day and the next I was on the bedroom floor with some pain from my hand.  I taken I either tripped over a floor mat or the bed covering.  One thing I learnt our laminated floors and floor mats (without any grip on the bottom) aren't the right ingredients.  Guess it is time to do some shopping for the right floor mats then as I nearly did the same thing twice in one week.

Good news!  Monique received her report card in the mail this week.  I was so over the moon after I viewed it.  She's seems to be going great so far in high school as her acheivements showed it.  Science, Art and Literacy Support were the best subjects with Triple As for achievement, effort and behaviour. 

At the back of her report card it lists some graphs of each subject in her year level. They call this the Distribution of Acheivement Codes. It provides information to show where students stand in their achievements.  Out of 130 students in year 8, there wasn't too many students acheived an "A" acheivement (under ten in most subjects) so I was over the moon after I viewed the graph to see Monique was the top student for three subjects.  Only eight students (and Monique was one of them) were the successful applicants to get to the top.  Out of 40 students who studied Art, there were only two students who received an "A".  Out of 27 students who require Literacy Support there were only Monique and other student who achieved an "A".

The primary school can offer the same graph, just most parents don't request them.  But I am going into the school this afternoon to see the school's HOC person to view the graph.  I am just a curious person to see the comparison with Rachel and other students in her year level.

What's on your agenda for this weekend?  We will practically be living at the bowling alley as Monique has her tournament to play on Sunday.  I will send a report in my sporting blog after the weekend.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment