Sunday 24 July 2011

Bowling weekend

Hi there!  How was your weekend?  Like I said in my sporting report blog I was practically living at the bowling alley as Monique had her tournament to be played today.  For further details you will have to simply read that blog.

Besides bowling I did call into Spotlight on Saturday afternoon to purchase some sewing essentials as I have two school items that needs mending which I should do tomorrow.  I can't believe one of Moni's skirts is already ripped after six months.  I think it might of been a poor quality zip at right at the beginning.  Instead of buying a new skirt, it's cheaper to just buy a new zipper.  Thank goodness I know how to sew as I had learnt it in high school when I studied Home Economics.

On Saturday morning Frank had an appointment to see his tax accountant to get his income tax return completed and education tax refund done.  I am alittle cheezed off to find out uniforms are included in next year's refund.  Why couldn't they done it for this year because I spent enough on Moni's uniforms?  To other Aussie parents who needs to get their education refund sent, don't expect alot in return. You might only receive half of what you spent in one year.  You will be surprise on what you can claim on but just be careful on what you can claim on and don't overdo it on more popular uses of products.  If you are not sure, it might be best to see a tax accountant or contact your local tax office.

Have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment