Monday 2 December 2013

Summer starting

Goodbye spring!  Welcome summer! Generally this is my favourite time of the year as it is good weather to be in the water and we have more hours of daylight to do outdoor things. We had hot days already and some areas of the SE had severe or dangerous storms with large hailstones hit.  I managed to capture my first lightning photo in a recent storm. A good thing about digital, you can delete the phones you don't want.  It taken me over a 100 photos to capture a good lightning.  And I learnt of how to do it right too!

How was your month of November?  At present time we have our house on contract for the third time.  I have heard the current buyer has finance approval but we still don't know until the building and pest inspection gets done the third time tomorrow.  By this Friday we should know if this contract becomes unconditional or not.  At present time I am not going to get my hopes up high as I had experience two invalid contracts before.

On 13th November (which would of been my late Grandma's birthday if she was still alive) I visited members from the old stamp club I used to attend regularly years ago.  I had a good conversation with one member for about two hours, catching up with what's been happening in our life for the past 18 months.  She invited me to attend to their break up party next week.  If all goes well I might consider going since I don't have any other parties to attend to this year.

On the same day we attend to Monique's school for their academic awards night.  She was rewarded with a certificate and a medal for being the top student in Art.

Sadly my last peachface had died on 22nd November.  It was quite a shock to see a dead bird in the cage before sunset.  I have posted my expression about the lost in a previous blog so I'm not going to repeat the same message this time.  Since then I have two friends who had a relative passing away in November too.

On 26th November Rachel had her first school excursion to Lone Pine Sanctuary which is situated in Brisbane.  The excursion was for a handful of SEU students to celebrate their first year of high school.  Going by her reports she seems to had a great day there as she never has visited this sanctuary before.  She asked me if we could go back there on the school holidays.

My bowling league has now finished for the year.  We had our break up party on Saturday night.  For further details you will have to read my sporting report blog.

Now it's already December and only 23 days until Christmas!  So has everyone been organised on getting their decorations up and so on.  Unfortunately no decorations will be up here because the tree got thrown out and most of the Christmas stuff is already packed in boxes and at my parent's house.  To be honest I don't have the Christmas spirit in me as too much has happened this year. But I have been busy getting my card list done so my family and friends don't miss out of me thinking of them.  I won't give the details on what I done but I all I will say it will be not what you will expect to receive.

Better go as it's time to cook dinner.  Going to have a steak meal tonight. Enjoy the month of December!

No comments:

Post a Comment