Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas starting

It's only two more sleeps until the big day of celebrations start.  All of my present shopping is done and wrapped up ready to hand out on Christmas Day.  I didn't go overboard with presents this year as I don't really have the budget to spend on presents.  For a couple of people it was very hard to buy for but after a day of window shopping I managed to get what I thought was best.  Just hope these people will appreciate what they received.  I try to buy what people really need for themselves, not their home.

I was away for the weekend from Friday to Sunday.  I thought it was time for the kids to get used of not having me around on weekends as the marital status changes will take place very soon. I stay over at a friend's house.  On Friday night a group of us caught the train to the city to view the city hall's festive activities until 10pm.  Then we walked to the mall to grab dinner and viewed afew window displays of Christmas at the Myer Centre. Then I was up until 3am, drinking and social chat to my friend.

Saturday was a busy day with shopping for presents. In the evening we went around my friend's local area to view light displays at afew homes and two churches.  It was so bright and colourful! Afterwards we went to the local beach to view the huge moon rising over the horizon on the east.

Since I heard shops are open until midnight I might go to the shops soon to get the fresh food done so I can avoid the last minute shopping on Christmas Eve.  Tomorrow will be the worse day to go shopping for last minute stuff.  Even today the shops were busy with shoppers getting the last minute stuff.

All the best to you all for a joyous Christmas with your love ones. Don't get sick on consuming too much of the festive goodies.  If you have travel plans, hope your destination spot will be a safe one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment