Saturday 7 December 2013

School Year closing fast

The first week of December is just about ending. It was a busy week for me!  Besides the normal commitments I started to make a small progress in my card list. This morning I email 26 of my yearly newsletter to afew people I know. The others will be sent as snail mail as they don't either have internet or I don't know their email address.  I am hoping to get the card list completed by the end of this weekend.  And post all envelopes on Monday. There is a couple I have to send overseas which I hope they will reach their destination just before Christmas. 

My 15 yo daughter finished year 10 over a week ago now.  She mostly had her first week of school holidays at home.  She still got her traineeship to deal with over the holidays.  Just one more day of on the job training to go.  She will have a six week break until school resumes in late January 2014.  In mid-late January she suppose to attend to a couple of catch up modules days as she had abit of time off due to school excursions or exams on that day of her theory classes. On Tuesday she a day at the centre to complete her first aide module.  She past the exam successful!

All state schools in QLD from prep to year 9 will have their last week of the school year next week. Then all kids will be on school holidays for 6-8 weeks over summer.  What do you plan with your school age kids this summer?

Finally our good news came at last!  We were informed yesterday the first stage of the contract was successful. The sold sticker was added to the sign yesterday! Our settlement day will be in mid January, due to the festive season of solictor closing for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year.

Last night I found 7 of my cousins now on facebook. I had a conversation with two of them.  Basically I informed them about the updates of my life. They were quite surprised and I am sure many others will be in the same vote once they read my yearly newsletter.

Better get back to this card list otherwise it will never be done.  Sometimes I wish I had Rosie (remember the robot from THE JETSONS) here to do some things for me! For one, she would be a better housekeeper then my kids are. And secondly there are never enough hours in the day to do everything by myself. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment