Sunday 15 December 2013

Christmas is approaching

Oh boy!  It's only ten days until Christmas!  And I still have my Christmas shopping to do.  Food will be the last minute shopping as fresh food don't intend to last long.  The presents I will have to get this week as I don't want to leave it the last minute.  I know what to get, just I need my motivation to get up early and be at the shops early before the good parking spots become no vacany and out before school holiday crowds enters at 10am.

The school year is now closed until late January.  All students in Queensland are now on school holidays for six weeks. I should get my girl's report cards in the mail this week as the schools generally post them out.

How was your second week of December?  I had a busy week as usual.  On Tuesday I had a friend over for lunch. It was a great afternoon to catch up with the latest. We had great laughs and conversations for five hours.

This weekend was more visiting and parties going on.  On Friday I visited my parents for afew hours then I headed off to a birthday party. I stayed overnight at my friend's house as I had a couple of drinks. We had Indian meals for dinner. It was quite a long time since I last had Indian.  Some foods was abit more spicy and hot then others. If I can remember correctly I had more drink intakes of fruit punch then consuming foods. The birthday cake was home made and very yummy!! I would of loved to have seconds but I didn't want to be rude to ask as I didn't know the party host very well. I went to the party as a guest of my best friend who was a relative to the party host. I had plans with my friend to have dinner and see a movie but I didn't know the changes until I showed up. It's a long story that I won't go into details about but it was a good night and I am glad I had the opportunity to meet new people.  Maybe 2014 will be a good year to be introduced to a new circle of friends.

Yesterday afternoon I was invited to an afternoon tea party with afew mums at a friend's house for two hours.  This party was more gluten free as the host has serious allergies problems.  Surprisely I enjoyed the home made dip with rice crackers. But my body told me a different story last night.  Whatever the ingredient was in this dip, kept me repeating belching for parts of the night.

This weekend I got to meet new people! I had four people stating they hope to see me again. I guess that made me feel good! Normally I am fairly quiet and shy when it comes to meeting strangers but I guess I found the right conversations with them.

Better go as I have afew to do this afternoon. Have a good week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment