Tuesday 17 December 2013

Christmas shopping

As someone pointed out, its only a week off until Christmas Eve. I started to go Christmas shopping with my 15 yo yesterday as she wanted to go to get the presents she wanted to buy for the family members and close friends.  I decided to make a start with mine at the same time.  Only got to buy for her sister and one of their grandparents but I couldn't really buy for my 15 yo as she was there with me.  Besides I have to shop elsewhere as the ideal present for her wasn't at the shop we were at.  Still got to shop for three other people I am close to. It won't be much as I don't have the budget to spend big this Christmas. 

My present to my parents was completed months ago.  It was homemade by me!! I spent many hours on completing it which I am sure they will love.  The same ideal present was completed to the girl's aunt and uncle too.  Suppose to make another one for their grandparents too but time has run out. Guess that will have to be something to work on next year if I have the time to do it as I have other plans that is more high priority.

By the time we got back from the shops, the girl's report cards had arrived in the mail.  I am quite proud to point out they both done quite well this semester.  Both received an "A" in one subject and all the rest were Bs and Cs.  They both had fairly good comments on their assessments, effort and behaviour. The next report won't be issued until the start of Term 2 when parent teacher interviews will take place.  Most of the time I only go once, just to meet the teachers. If there are any issues, I ask if they can email or phone me.  Only had an odd phone call or two this year about an issue or two.  Other then that, all's good!

Better go as I have some things to do at home this afternoon. Have a nice day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment