Wednesday 2 November 2011

Extra expenses

How's your week been going so far?  It's hard believe it's already the second day into November and I think this will be quite an expense this month with unexpected extras to spend on.  Less then a week we have two big expenses to deal with.

On the weekend we had to get a new pool motor because the old one was dying away after six years of daily use to keep the filters and chloride levels right at all times.  Tomorrow morning my car been booked in to have a side window fixed. 

Today's plans have been all mucked up because of what happened to my car this morning at the primary school.  I was just about to get out of my car and walked my daughter to her classroom because she was abit late but my seatbelt medal decided to flip on me and hit at the very top of the driver's window (as I had my window down for natural air conditioning).  Since the window was tinted, all the glass was shattered into millions of pieces inside the tint and went down the door instead.  Guess I should be thankful I have tinted windows otherwise I might of wore that broken glass on my skin. Could of been worse....broken glass in a school's carpark!!

I hope to had the problem fixed today because I had a couple of places to attend to but that aren't possible now. After a couple of phone calls, the window can't be fixed until tomorrow AM because the part isn't available locally.  Apparently it is down at the Gold Coast and the company I am using said it would have to come up later this afternoon. 

I can still drive my car, just I can't leave my car unattended in a public place without a window up and secured. 

The lesson I learnt today:  watch my seatbelt at time of removal and have my window all the way down for natural air conditioning.  Normally my seatbelt doesn't flip like the way it did so I don't know why it did it this morning.  The spooky part is I started to have a problem with winding up and down that window last week so today's incident might of met to happen for a reason. YEAH!  But I am not happy with the expense to fix it through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment