Monday 7 November 2011

The concert

Hi followers!  How was your weekend?  What a weekend I had!  Tonight was the best part of my weekend.  Frank and I were at QPAC in South Brisbane to see John Farnham in concert. If you have been to the lyric theatre before, we were sitting in balcony two.  Inspite the height it was still a good position to see the concert.  The concert performance was almost three hours long and he sang his past hits from a couple of albums but Whispering Jack was the main album he sang songs from to celebrate his 25 years since the album was first released.  The encore song was: YOU'RE THE VOICE!  And it was so beautifully sang and he had six bag pipers playing.  Most of the audience in the lyric theatre stand up after the performance ended.

Consider all the years I have listened to John's albums, it was so different to hear his songs live.  I am so glad we had this opportunity to go and see one of his concerts before John really retires. He is only twenty years older then me!
 
Four of my bowling friends from Wednesday's league was at the same concert but they were sitting in balcony one.  We were so lucky to see them sitting outside a cafe as we arrived so we had dinner with them.
 
At the time of booking the tickets, we had the encore package deal where you have a free drink and a little souvenior bag.  Inside the little bag was some chocolates and the CD/DVD of John's latest album which we played in the car while driving home.  Also I purchased the program where it has alot of photos and information about the two albums.  And I got the whispering jack in concert on DVD.
 
It's getting late and I should really get to bed. I might sing in my sleep because I still have his songs on my mind.  I couldn't help myself I had to put the Whispering Jack album on now.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment