Friday 25 November 2011

Busy week 2

Hi followers!  How was your week?  Actually where is this week going?  It seems to be passed on by too quickly.  On Monday I stayed at home to recover and caught up on my sleep hours after being away all weekend. 
 
You think I would of lost my creative mojo after the weekend but no...back to the craft store on Tuesday for my weekly casual scrap with the ladies.  No workshops occurred on the other side of the room and only one lady showed up from our little group. I didn't get to scrap much as I was too busy helping her with some layout ideas.
 
On Wednesday I had my social league on which I am happy to report I won all the points again.  This league ends in two weeks time but I only have one more week to play as on the last week I have a break up party to attend to elsewhere.
 
Speaking of break ups, I have three to attend to this weekend.  Two on Saturday for craft and bowling.  On Sunday it will be the kid's early break up event. Hopefully the weather will be great for the waterpark fun. 
 
Sunday night was the last night of our bowling league to play.  A great night to win all the points and moved up three places on their standing sheet.  The break up and prize presentation is held tomorrow night.  We aren't expecting much of a prize fund from bowling this time but hopefully we will come home with some exciting goodies from the raffles and Secret Santa.
 
This morning I was busy with some run around things to do.  After I dropped the kids off to school, I visited a craft shop to pick up some black cardstock for Monique.  She needed cardstock for some artwork she's currently working on.  But I came home with more I plan on buying as the store had some printed papers on sale for 50 cents or $1 each.  I am just starting to sort out what stock I have got as it's time for a spring clean of my gear. Guess I will surprise myself when I realised what I forgotten I own. 
 
This week the school had organised a book swap where students and parents bring in preloved books for others to buy for a $1 each.  This fund raise event is for an Indigenous Foundation group so they can use the money raised to buy books for the kids.  As you know most schools today are more focus with reading.  Some schools have an incentive program for the kids to receive awards to read more at home.  Anyway I had a look after parade to see what inspire me to read over these upcoming summer school holidays.  I managed to pick up three novels for myself and another novel for Monique.  She wanted to go and have a look herself before school but we didn't get to the primary school earlier enough.
 
Better go as I have some things to do at home before it's time to pick up the kids from school in over three hours time.  Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have been busy as hell... same here. This weekend is going to be my busiest to date. Today, I was out to lunch with family at the Springwood Hotel. Then, I had to be at CRS for an appointment... I got home at around 6pm; not wanting dinner.

    Tomorrow, I have a meet-up for 365 Project. This is where a group of us Queensland 365er's meet up here in Brisbane. Hopefully, the rain won't put us off... :)

    Then, on Sunday, there's the Logan Art Gallery's Christmas Party - which Mum and I go to each year. It's a trip away to an arty-farty place where we get treated to a tour around an art-orientated place, lunch and a relaxing day out, pressies for us volunteers, then we have a nannie-nap on the way home on the bus. And each year, I take dozens of photos. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete