Thursday 31 October 2013

October report

Today is the last day of October.  For the past 31 days it has been busy in this household with normal
start of crochet blanket
commitments, appointments and keeping this property respectful for protential buyers to inspect the place.

My evenings have been busy, crocheting up some granny squares while watching TV. I am now half way of a bed size after joining 36 coloured squares together. Hopefully I will finish before real summer arrives. Also I managed on a weekend to do an ATC jam swap for an online group I am a member at. 

Because I haven't regularly visited the local craft store to do my casual sit and scrap for two months now, it was time to call in to visit as the ladies missed me. On 22 October I visited the store for two hours for a good catch up and let them know what's been happening in my life.

After a two week school holiday, QLD students resumed back to school for term 4 on 8th October. Yesterday I received a surprise postcard from school.  Apparently my 13yo achieved well academically in two subjects in term 3.  I don't know what assessment piece of work was involved.  All I know she got a B+ in SOSE and an A for English. I wasn't sure if they had the right student in their records!  An A for English is abit hard to believe, consider she struggles with writing and reading at school.

Due to the moving arrangements, I will have to change schools for her too.  But because it's so late in the year to changeover now, it's better to make a new start in a new environment in 2014.  We found a new school which we feel it will suit her for her needs.  The enrollment number of students attending to this school is alot lower compared to where she is currently at. For the past two weeks we have been going here one morning a week for a transition program.  Normally this is for year 7 into year 8 but because we are moving to an area where she doesn't anyone, the school recommend for us to attend as well.  Most teachers take her as a primary school student because she is quite short for her age.

After the protential buyer had a change of heart and terminated the contract in September, we had 5 more protentials came in to inspect the property.  We may finally success in the sale as we signed the contract on Monday. The building and pest inspection was redone again yesterday.  The buyer was here at the time of the inspection was done and he seem to still be interested in buying this property.  I did overhear some parts of the conversaton between the inspector and the buyer on what changes can be made.  I take it's a good sign we found the buyer!!  At time of departure the buyer did ask if we could leave the birds here as his son loves them!! But I will wait until the two weeks under contract deal passes before I believe the sale is for real!!

At the beginning of the month, my 15 yo had bowled her perfect game "300".  It's the highest scratch game you can bowl.  For non bowlers it means she bowled 12 strikes in a row.  Generally male bowlers with close to or over 200 average came bowl 300 games more then a female can.  I was told she is the first female junior to bowl an extreme high game at that centre.  Also she is recorded at the bowling organisation. Go to http://www.tenpin.org.au/index.php?id=1019  to view how many bowlers have bowled the perfect game this year.

On the first weekend of October she had a major bowling tournament played in Brisbane for two days.  There were ten centres from Brisbane, Toowoomba, Logan, Gold Coast and Bundaberg competing on 20 lanes. The centre she represented for came 8th overall. She didn't do really well that weekend to win anything individually.  I only went on Saturday to watch the juniors played for a couple of hours.  It was long days for everyone!! Check in was around at 7am each morning and the day ends over 12 hours later. I am sure everyone was thankful Monday was a public holiday because they all needed a day to recover.  For some they had a long way to travel home too.

Have an enjoyable November!  It will be the last month of spring in Australia. I know I will be busy! I have the final weeks of season play at bowling. The break up party will be held at the end of the month. I will have to get my act together to make up small affordable Christmas gifts to be given out at the league's party. Only have 28 to create and I think I just came up with an idea to do.

My 15yo will have her final assessment work to be completed for year 10.  She finishes her school year, two weeks before her sister does. Report cards will be issued in December!

If this house sale contract passes the under contract stage our settlement day will be later on in the month.  Which means everything will be packed and moved out on the weekend before. Why do settlement days happen during the weekday??

No comments:

Post a Comment