Friday 18 October 2013

Last 17 years

Two weeks of Term 4 has passed so quickly.  Only another eight weeks to go and the end of the school year will approach us.  Year 12 will be the most busiest term yet as they finalized their educational needs and exams before their school life ends in November.

Like other weeks I have been busy this week.  As some people know we have this house on the market to sell.  We thought we had one protential buyer happening last month but they pulled out after the building inspection was done. This week we had the real estate agent over twice in one day with more protentials but no........ they weren't interested for one reason or another. I think our buyers don't really want to spend more money then they want. The real estate agent did say our market price might be abit too high for some people.  We might have to reduce the price again now!!  We have her over again in the morning with another potential buyer. Well.....we only hope they are!! I am trying my best not to get too hopeful at this point of time. I don't know what the deal will be if the house doesn't get sold by the end of this year. 

On Tuesday and Wednesday I caught up with two friends for afew hours. It was good to catch up with both.  Yesterday I was at home catching up on afew things from my to do list.  Well I was trying my best to remain busy as the day I wished it didn't exist.  It was the anniversary of my baby I lost 17 years ago. Alot of people aren't aware of this as I didn't annouce such tragic event back then.  Over the years I learnt it was something I had to deal with by myself as I didn't really get the family and friends support I hoped for after miscarriaging my first child (at 15 weeks pregnant). The true duedate would of been around Anzac Day. Today my child (which I suspect it was a boy) if alive would of been 16 years old and in senior high school. I have my off days (especially if I see or hear a death of a child on TV) but I am getting better compared to afew years ago. I now believe he is my little fairy angel out there!! Seventeen years is a long time and I sure have done alot in that time...Raised two children, deal with sick or death of afew relatives and friends, introduced to scrapbooking and rubber stamping, casual work here and there and moved twice!!

Today was a long day!  My day began at 7:30am. Left the house with my 13yo.  Go to the petrol station, fill up my car with top fuel and then drove to Brisbane, along the SE freeway in peak hour traffic to the city.  The purpose of this trip was to send my child to her new school that will she commence at in 2014. It was a 2.5 hr transit program for year 7 SEU students into high school. But because my child is new to the area, the staff suggested for us to come along as well. So it help to make a decision to which school to pick for her.  After her first morning, she said she likes it and wants to go there next year.  She made two new friends and hanged about in the last hour.  This program goes for four weeks but the students go once a week over four weeks. On the last week, the parents are invited to have morning tea with the staff. But because of the current travel distance I am allowed to stay with my child during these transit meets. Also it will help me learn more about this small populated school that was in the media news earlier in the year. Apparently it was one of the schools on the government's list to close down but after a huge fight from the local community they were lucky to make the government to change their mind by remaining open for another 4-5 years. The school has only an enrollment number of under 300 but they are hopeful to try to get more new enrollments for next year.  I happened to overheard today they have 18 new enrollments for 2014 so it might be a good sign for them if the new enrollments continue to grow before term 4 ends.

Better go and get my family dinner prepared and serve.  Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel when it come to missing and mourning the passing of a child through mis-carriage.

    I also mis-carried my first pregnancy when I was with Jason (the abusive bf) in very early 2000. it was awful... he didn't support me in anyway, hated me for it, blamed me for it and even went as far as to call me a cancer (to which I made him sleep out in the livingroom for 2 weeks on a mattress).
    My little boy's birthday would have been around September or early October and they would be around 13 or so now if they had survived.

    I try not to think about them too much as it's depressing and it's easier to know that my child's soul has been reborn into another person, into another life where they will be loved more than when they were concieved in 2000.

    ReplyDelete