Saturday 12 October 2013

Term four started

School holidays are now over until December!  The students returned to school on Tuesday for the start of Term 4.  It was a short week due to the public holiday on Monday.  The girls seem to be happy to go back to school to see their friends as they haven't seen them in two weeks.

I had a busy week with normal commitments.  From Wednesday to Saturday I was mostly out with afew places to visit. 

On Wednesday I had my morning appointment at the hospital. It was just a routine check up of my surgery scars. All's good!!  Being a public hospital I was amazed I was out of there within 30 minutes. The crowd started rolling in as I was departing the building at around 9am.

On Thursday I watched a friend prebowled for a league.  While I was in that general area I thought I would check out spotlight for curtains.  I was in there for an hour seeking which way was cheaper to do for two rooms. One ready made curtain was on sale for $20 but it needed to be shorten as it was well too long for the purpose needed.  Don't worry the leftover wasn't wasted!  I use that extra length for the same rod.  This curtain wasn't intend for a window.  It was more like an area to close off for privacy.  I have posted photos on facebook. The next curtain was for a bedroom window.  It was cheaper to buy the fabric then pre-made.  This fabric was only $6/metre.  There was just over 2 metres left on the roll and the lady gave me an extra 30% off.  It meant this fabric piece cost me under $10.  On Friday afternoon I sewn up both curtain projects and done two other projects. I was pretty tired last night!!

This morning I was off to the shops with Rachel to use her gift card she won at school just before school holidays started.  What a disappointed to find out the card was declined at two shops.  Rachel wanted a couple of items for her ipod so we went to Dick Smith store first.  After a hiccup there, the sale assistant asked us to visit the customer service for a new list of shops to visit with this card as they now declined on using them.  Once I told the customer service lady she wasn't happy!  She set them straight!!  First she told us and did check the card was valid and can be used as the details of the list hasn't changed.  Then she phoned Dick Smith store and ask them to contact the correct people about their terminal as there could be a fault there.  Anyway the customer service lady recommended another store to buy earphones at a cheaper price.  They except the same gift card too but guess what...it was declined too!  So in the end I just paid cash for her coloured earphones.

While I was in the shopping centre I enquired about wi-fi devices for the internet as I plan to use one after I move.  I asked four places and only one company (who deals with telestra) was the most helpful one.  She gave me some brochures for a prepaid and a monthly plan offer.  Got home to read them and here I was confused about MB and GB.  Well...I'm not a computer geek!  I was told MB is the lowest for the internet.

I think I will go down for a nap because I had a late night for afew nights this week. 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment