Thursday 28 February 2013

February report

Just about to say goodbye summer as it is the last day of February today.  We had quite a wild and wet summer season throughout the country so it will be interesting to know what the weather will be doing during the next three months of autumn.

How was your month of February?  Like usual I was busy with normal commitments of being a parent as well as enjoying going to weekly bowling and scrapbooking meets in my new car. Also I had the chance to catch two new release movies at the cinema.

Monique's school had their annual swimming carnival about two weeks ago.  She came 3rd in the 50m breaststroke.  She did qualify for the districts but I wasn't going to drive to the Gold Coast for just one event on a rainy day. 

Rachel has been in high school for a month already.  She seems to be going okay so far but we did have to change one subject as she was having strong difficulties in learning French.  She wasn't the only SLI student with the same problem of learning another language.  At this point I was told Rachel is better on focusing in learning more of literacy and numeracy instead. Guess I will know by her first report card on how well she is really going as she doesn't say alot about her school days to me.  

Mainly food studies and art is all I hear about from Rachel.  She has cooking sessions on Fridays and so far she made an arty created fruit salad, pizza and banana muffins. Photos have been posted on facebook and twitter.  Tomorrow she makes pikelets!!

The main problem is she doesn't come with the full servings of each item cooked.  She either consumes it herself or shares with friends on the way home from school. By the time I saw the pizza a couple of weeks ago, it looked to be more pac-man shaped and the muffins were half gone last week. I wonder if we see any pikelets tomorrow??  

I had the new car for a month now and the vehicle had its free inspection last Saturday. All's good so far. I feel I am so spoilt of having this kind of luxury to drive. I could never go back to driving an older model car without a reverse camera, power steering or electronic windows.

Even the dealership gave my car a car wash and vaccuum and it looked good and smelling so clean.  But it wasn't long before the car was rained on again with water marks. I am thankful my big car mats are made of rubber. It's easier to clean then having just carpet based floors in the car.  I have made the new rule for any passenger to not consume any kind of food or leave any rubbish inside my car.

My regular TV shows have returned to air.  At present time I am mostly following My Kitchen Rules and The Block All Stars nightly.  Sure there is alot of personality clashes on both shows.

Time to go as I have some house chores to catch up with today. Enjoy the next new season for the next three months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment