Sunday 17 February 2013

The nightowl is back

Why do our weekends have to travel on by so fast?  In 14 hours it will be the start of Monday again. This weekend has been fairly quiet as Rachel is away at Grandma's in Hervey Bay, QLD.  Her father taken her up to see his side of the family overnight.  Not sure how much beach time they might of had if it is overcast, windy and wet like down here in SE QLD. Yesterday we had a brief storm passing over at around lunchtime. On facebook last night I saw a photo posted of a funnel cloud/waterspout happening near Kelvin Grove (inner city suburb of Brisbane).

Yesterday I attended to a scrapbook workshop until 1pm.  I had a productive time creating afew pages using both CM and AZZA techniques. I will have two scrap meets again this week.  We will have a scrap camp held one weekend in April so it will be an advantage for me to complete a project or two I am behind with. That would be the next time I would be a real nightowl to stay up until late (around this time) and scrap.
 
It was around 2pm by the time I got back home from scrapbooking as I called in to the shops on the way home to buy some essentials for my laundry to wash.  I happened to run into one of the mums from ex-primary school. We spoke for about 15 minutes in the carpark. Just giving brief updates on what our high school kids are up to these days. The last time I saw her would of been before summer school holidays started in December. 
 
Last night I had a busy night downloading more music from itunes to my ipod.  Afterwards I discover on how to sync my ipod music to my computer.  It taken a while to transfer 54 songs.
 
I do miss my younger years when I was a real nightowl.  Nearly every weekend I would be out to all hours, raging at nightclubs or visiting friends.  I wonder what nightclub lifestyle would be like in the 21st century??  On odd occassions I have been out to catch a late movie session on Saturday night.  Once the movie ended we would walk past one of the restaurants who intend to trade longer.  They have a small function room as a nightclub.  All we could see is security guards watching the young adults, raging to all hours of the night I guess.  The music is so loud!! I don't think I would enjoy being a nightclub these days as their music is so loud with modern 21st century rap style.
 
Hopefully I will get an early night as I was a real nightowl last night. It was around 3:30am this morning by the time I got to sleep.  I would of slept longer but I was woken up by a phone call at 7:30am. But for now I have some house chores to catch up with before Rachel returns home tonight. 

Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. I do remember those times when nightclubs were certainly different to what they are now. I remember the time when I had to stop going to them; it was around the time when they installed strobe lights in them all and there were no safety measures on how long to use them... they just kept them on all the time.
    This co-incided with around the time I was put on heavy medication... so they kinda worked out well. Now, I don't have much of an interest in nightclubs because - like you - I find them too loud.
    Besides, I've seen some neighbours around my unit complex play music so loud that it's a wonder they're not deaf; let alone their children (and yes, I had a family where the adults deafened their children before they hit the age of 12; and didn't think they were the problem).

    ReplyDelete