Saturday 1 October 2011

September Report

Hi followers!  How was your month of September? The first month of spring has finally arrived.  It’s the beginning of the season to see wildlife have new life introduced.  But also it can be a sad time for families and friends if they lost a family member or friend.  This is the third time in three years I have lost someone in late winter and their funeral service was held in early September.  Guess that is just the way the circle of life goes. I heard when someone dies, a new baby is born. If that is the case, why is the population of the world so huge?

I have been on facebook for twelve months now and I have found around 50 people who are either my friends I met in person or from craft.  Also I have a couple of family members on my list.  Majority of the time I intend to be playing games which I have found afew challenges that I either loved or hate.


The only family member who celebrated their birthday this month was my Mum.  I didn’t get to see her that day because I was already busy with junior bowling, present shopping and attending to a friend’s Baby Shower for three hours.  It was nice to catch up with my friend and meet her friends and family.  Unfortunately we all missed out on meeting her little baby daughter (who arrived six weeks early) as she was still in hospital.  The baby did come home after Father’s Day.

It has been a busy month with afew events on.  Monique’s first year of high school is passing on so fast and it was time for her to choose her year 9 subjects this month.  Next year she will be studying five core subjects and two electives which she chose Art and Food Studies. On 5th September she was rewarded as a Gold plus Student from high achievement results of effort and behaviour in all subjects throughout the first semester.  I have been invited to attend to a morning brunch in November in recognition of this reward with many other Gold Plus students.


At the primary school they finally had their school fete on 2nd September 2011 from 2:30pm to 7pm.  Due to the day of my late Auntie’s funeral, I wasn’t in a sociable mood to be anywhere.  I was only at their fete for a short time to watch the girls go on afew rides and the school’s entertainment on stage.  I came back just before 7pm to pick up the kids and watched their closure:  The Fire Show with professionals doing their stunts involving fire. They were excellent!Bowling continues to be busy on weekends.  Over the holidays Monique and I have been hanging around the bowling alley abit longer on Sunday nights to socialize with afew other bowlers or watched afew of our league bowlers prebowling.

On Father’s Day we all were involved in a scotch tournament at Logan Lanes.  It’s a casual play involving an adult to finish off the frame for their junior team members if they didn’t strike out at first go.  Frank played with Rachel and I played with Monique because our averages had to add up to no more then 300 (for a team each).  We only played three games and we came 26th/42.  Rachel and Frank came 40th/42 teams.

There was no TQI tournaments played this month but there was a big serious one known as Ken Mills Kup, played with SE regional areas (Brisbane, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Logan and the Gold Coast) on the weekend of 10th and 11th September. Monique bowled 18 games (9 games per day) in a five man team with players from Toowoomba at Kedron Lanes. The tournament started from 7am and finished around 6pm.  The players had up to an hour’s break for lunch.  During the 24 hours I was there to watch Monique, I done some craft work involving the craft booklets and making Christmas cards from recycled cards.  The overall winner was the Toowoomba’s centre where Monique and four other players from Logan played with their centre.  I heard this centre has won two times in a row.

Term three came to a close from 16th September.  QLD students had school holidays for two weeks. Besides the kids getting involved with their school holiday programs, we managed to catch up with two friends in Gladstone, social afternoon of bowling four games, leagues club for my mum’s belated birthday and watched a movie at the cinema.

Over the holidays Monique was involved in KRANK which is a school holiday program for teenagers aged 13-17 years.  She got involved with water games, high ropes, rock climbing, go karting and learnt about how to do a minor service to a motor vehicle. 

In the second week Rachel was involved in her sports program she has been involved with for the past five years but at a different venue this time.  There were only three groups getting involved in about 30 different kind of sports over five days from 9am to 3pm daily.

Until next monthly report is issued, have a good month of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment