Sunday 9 October 2011

Interesting Sunday

How was your weekend?  Besides bowling leagues, we had another weekend at home. The girls and I didn't get to go the movies as we had visitors over today.
 
I won't report about Saturday's junior bowling as it wasn't a good match at all by Rachel. It was the worse games she has bowled in her history.  But tonight my bowling league was great!  I bowled all games over average and we won all the points. YEAH!!  We finally are moving up the ladder.
 
Yesterday morning most of SE QLD residents would of woken up to a morning thunderstorm. I think it was a surprise for all if you didn't see on the weather news forecast on the night before.  I checked on BOM website just before midnight for Saturday's forecast and it was written an early storm and showers and become fine in the afternoon.  I thought the storm might of been happening around mid to late morning, not at breakfast time!  Oh well...it least it was my alarm clock for Saturday as I normally get up early and get organised for sport.  News reports said later on, it was severe in some areas with hail, wind and heavy rain.  We weren't too bad here!  Only had abit of water in our garage and our backyard was like a flowing river when it rained for two hours.
 
Today it was nice to have abit of sleep in until around 8am.  Our TV was on all day as the Bathurst 1000 event was on.  I managed to watch parts of the race throughout the day.  Two years ago we drove past Bathurst on our way home from ACT.  We stopped at Mt Pamorna and drove on the track as a normal speed driver on public roads.  It taken us about seven minutes to drive on this track.  If you watched today's race, you would see there is some good curvy bends to drive on, once you are at the top of the mountain and coming down again. I don't know how these professional drivers act on this but I was quite scared to drive on curvy bends at normal built up speed area.
 
We sure had some exciting events in this household today. We found a green tree snake in the mango tree and all afternoon Monique gave me such a hard time about it (with the rubber snake) because she knows I have a fear of snakes. Rachel was next door at the time we knew about the snake. It was the time we got home from bowling she found out about the snake and she decided to give me a hard time.
 
Secondly our cat fell into our swimming pool. Not sure what actually happened as I only seen the last third of his body wet.  It might of been him trying to catch an insect or drink the water.  But he's fine!  Only think was hurting him was his pride for about 30 minutes.
 
Better go and think about my bedtime.  Got afew things to do tomorrow while the girls are at school.  Have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment