Sunday 2 June 2013

New season started

Goodbye Autumn! Friday was the last day of May.  It’s hard to believe May travelled by so fast.  At times I feel I need more hours in the day to accomplish more things to complete.
The first official day of Australian winter started yesterday but actually our winter season started about a month earlier then everyone predicted. It isn’t my favourite season of the year so I will be glad when the colder months pass on by. Now it’s the start of the winter flu season too which common colds already hit this household. I was offbeat for a couple of days with a heavy head and migraines and Monique had one day off school last week for the same reason.
How was your month of May? I was busy with things to do at home and places to go.  Also I managed to catch up with afew friends from bowling and craft and caught two new released movies at the cinema.
Two new renovation shows started on Channel 7 (HOUSE RULES) and 9 (THE BLOCK SKY RISE).  I intend to record one show while I watch the other as both programs are on similar time slots. But on Sunday nights both vcr are recording because I am not at home to watch any tv channels.  Not even the bowling alley has a TV on with free to air channels showing. 
Also our part of the state had the closure of analogue TV signals on 28th May.  What a difference to see with full digital viewing of television now but we still use our top boxes as they are connected up to both VCRs.  Yes... we still own and use them as I intend to record alot of TV programs to watch later on or the next day if I am at home. We are aware once they stop operating permanently, we won't be able to buy another vcr recorder as they don't exist anymore. 
How was your Mother’s Day? Monique and I bowled in a friendly based tournament at Logan in the morning.  We managed to win the competition!  I was given a pair of animal slippers (which Monique wants to wear but her feet are too big) and a box of chocolates. I don’t know which person polished away those chocies as I didn’t get a great deal of them. Like everything else I own or wish to consume, it intends to disappear!!
It has been abit of a mixed bag with unexpected news this time round. Besides hearing the bad news about an old feline friend and a sick relative, the best highlight of the news would be: Creative Memories went into receivership after two decades of operation in US. Guess this means my workshop dates with our consultant will be reduced greatly.  I am not taking it as a big deal as I have learnt a lot over the years.  I have a local craft store I can visit or go more digitally and complete pages at home. This month I was casually busy on trying to get my girl’s school albums up to date as I have both girls now in high school.
Also I have been busy journaling at home for my new project.  It’s about history of my life since the day I was born. Most of the journaling is about world history of events taken place yearly.  I have been working on this on either Friday nights or some weekends which I will get back to shortly.
Our CM consultant hosted her final Memoranza Day last month.  It was a seven hour event held in a function room at a Lawn Bowls Club, south west of Brisbane.  During our lunch break I watch a competition match of lawn bowls for about 20-30 mins. It was very interesting to watch.  It looks very simple to play!  The only difference between lawn bowls and ten pin bowling is the weight of the ball and the power of throwing it. 
Speaking of bowling, we are now half way into the season for Sunday night league. My team stayed 3rd place for many weeks and after just two weeks of losing, we lost our top 3 placing for Sunday night. But no other female has beaten my high game scratch (223) as yet. Monique has played in two tournaments in May. She played one at her home centre and the other match was played at the Gold Coast. Monique’s high game for the year so far is 236 (and it is a lane record at Logan).
Monique had her second interview (induction process) with QIS at her school.  In one hour we completed the enrollment and employment packages.  She will commence her school based traineeship at the beginning of semester two.
All the best of luck and happiness for a new beginning of a new season.  To my followers and readers who live in the southern hemisphere, remember to rug up well and take great care of your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment