Saturday 29 June 2013

First week over

Good morning everyone!  How was your week?  The first week of school holidays is just about over.  The first three days we had beautiful sunny weather but since then the return of overcast days began on Thursday and rain resumed last night.  I think our weather forecasters are predicting will be more a wet and miserable week, next week. I will be glad when winter is over.
 
We had quite a busy first week of the holidays.  The only good thing about this school holidays, the girls and I can sleep in on some days. Also I had late nights staying up to watch abit of Wimbledon tennis this week. It doesn't look good for our famous players to win this year as three players already lost after round 2.
 
Wednesday will be in our history books as two events happened on the same day.  Besides QLD winnng the footy game 26 - 6, we had a leadership spill in the politics world.  Who was running the country that day?  All day they were like schoolyard bullying of who should be the prime minister of Australia. At 4pm on national TV, Julia Gilliard decided to call a leadership ballet to vote at 7pm between her and Kevin Rudd.   By 8pm that night, Kevin Rudd won with 57 votes!! After I was goggling information for my history scrapbook album on Thursday I found out Wednesday wasn't the first time this leadership ballot has happened. Julia Gilliard won in 2010!!  The main reason I forgot because I had a sick father to deal with that year.
 
On Monday we went go karting for one day in our local area. Our local council had a promotion for a school holiday package deal for kids who live in our city community. Normally it's $54 per person to have four races but the kids had the same amount of go kart rides and side show alley for $10 each.  But the only catch is you only can go one time per holiday season.  
 
On Tuesday afternoon Rachel and I saw MONSTERS UNIVERSITY at the cinema.  It was a good movie but I didn't think it was a funny story plot as seen in the previews. Monique had her day with her friend on Wednesday.  They seen FAST AND THE FURIOUS 6 and EPIC at the cinema. Yesterday we all seen DESPICABLE ME 2 at the cinema with my best friend. I was the only one who thought this movie was funny!  Anyway, after the movie we all consume lunch at Sizzlers.  I couldn't believe my eyes how much the salad bar has gone up so much. For my girls and myself it cost me $61 for the salad bar and drinks. I won't be dining there again in a hurry.
 
My MIL phoned last night and pass on some family crisis news of their own. No word on how the FIL's test results went.  Supposely they came back to Brisbane on Tuesday for further tests but their old 4WD of 22 years went to car heaven. So yesterday she got themselves a new car.  Downsized to a hatchback now. Also found out one of their US cousins had died this week.  She had lung cancer! In all the years being married I haven't met all that side of the relatives because they simply live too far away. .
 
The morning period is now well over.  It's now lunchtime hour and it's time to have some lunch.  I think ham and cheese toasties might be ideal today.
 Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment