Saturday 25 May 2013

Bad news

How was your week?  I had a busy week with things to do at home and places to go.  To pick a day of the week I would have to say Wednesday was the best day as I caught up with a craft buddy in the city.  She used to live in Brisbane but moved to Perth.  She was in Brisbane for five nights for a business matter. We had lunch and went window shopping for a couple of hours then walked over to Southbank for the final hour before going home in the peak hour traffic on the SE freeway south. It taken almost an hour to get home that afternoon.

On Thursday night Monique had her drama excursion with other drama students in her year level.  They went to see ANIMAL FARM at QPAC. I thought about taking Rachel to see the performance on the same night but the theatre wasn't vacant. While Monique was watching the musical play I went to my parent's house for two hours as they don't live far away from QPAC.

I dont know how many students went to see this performance but I did noticed at pick up time the street near QPAC was full of parked cars at the loading zone.  So I decided to go for a drive for ten minutes to where I used to work in South Brisbane as it has been many years since I last went there.  I was amazed with the changes!! By the time I got back to QPAC other vehicles were gone and I had a 15 yo waiting beside her teacher.

When it rains it pours! Besides the media stating the bad news around the world, I had my share of bad news this week. First it was losing a 20 yo plus feline friend on Sunday night.  I have known this cat, half my life. I spent alot of time with the cat when he was very young. I used to babysit a child in the neighbourhood where the cat lived at. I saw the child (all grown up now) about six months ago.  He still treats me like I am his second mum. He was a real cutie when he was a young lad.
Last night my MIL phoned here and we chat for two hours. It seems my FIL has more health issues rising.  In one month he had a heart pacemaker install and a hip replacement operation.  This week the doctor has found two cysts in his liver. One cyst is over ten centimetres big. I suspect it won't be better news once he comes to Brisbane for further tests.  My MIL did say all he is doing at present time is sleeping. He turns 70 yo next month.
Have a good weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh jeez, you had a horrible week. I'm so sorry to read about your dear sweet cat passing away.

    And then, there was the new about your FIL with all his health problems. Please pass on my prayers that he's okay soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My rollercoaster ride doesn't seem to stop. Last night I got the news about one of my Dad's cousins is in hospital. She was admitted to ICU yesterday for a heart condition

    ReplyDelete