Monday 10 June 2013

Long weekend

It's now the tenth day into our winter season and so far we have seen more overcast days then sunshine.  I did hear the weather forecaster say it was going to be more a wet and cold winter season this year. Guess that means our electricity bill will be on rise as the air conditioner and the dryer will be on the run.

When I woke up to rain this morning I forgot it was a public holiday (QUEENS BIRTHDAY) today.  For some reason I thought it was Sunday again. Maybe because my street seem to be fairly quiet and both Monique and I had a good sleep in until after 9am.  I could of easily slept more but I was woken up from a phone call.

The main reason why it's a quiet household because both Frank and Rachel went away for the long weekend.  They left before sunrise on Saturday and expecting to be back home at dinnertime tonight. Would of been nice if Monique went but she didn't go because she had a bowling tournament yesterday. 

Most of this weekend had my own time to do whatever pleased me because Monique wasn't going to be home much either.  Either she had bowling or spending time with her boyfriend.  She's been dating this guy for about 2 months now. He seems to be a better sociable guy then her ex-boyfriend. But you know with teenagers you never know how long their teen relationships will last.

For first time in ages I slept for ten hours overnight.  That is because I had a close to an all nighter up on Saturday night. It was decided to do a DVD marathon night of watching five DVDs of Fast and the Furious as the sixth movie is now released at the cinema. I enjoyed most of this movie sequel.  Number three had different actors then the other movies.  Going by the story plot I feel it should of been the first movie but two other people told me number 3 movie should of been really be number five or six. Feel free to let me know what you think, only if you have seen the movie sequel.

Surprisely due to limited hours of sleep on Sunday morning I managed to bowl well last night. My team won all the points and I even won the fortnightly raffles.

Time to go as I have a couple of laundry loads to fold and put away.  The dryer had a good use this weekend.  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment