Monday 11 March 2013

Screwed up weekend

Good morning everyone!  It's just after midnight and I thought I would post my updates before logging off to bed. No wonder why it's so humid because it is raining here.  Seems to be less sunshine happened again this past weekend.  Looks like we are in the clear to not have a TC hit inland but this TC might be heading towards New Caledonia instead.  I hope this island has been warned by now. 
 
How was your weekend?  I had more a quiet weekend at home as I wasn't in the mood to do anything special.  My weekend didn't start off good. Besides a couple of minor things that happened,  the news did come in on Friday afternoon about the passing of my craft friend's husband.  He lost his battle to live after being diagnosed with a rapid aggressive brain tumour on 19th February. His funeral will be held tomorrow morning.
 
Our internet has been giving us a hard time. It seems to had a mind of its own to choose when to connect or disconnect by itself. It is really starting to piss me off!!  Instead I worked on finishing off (well tried to but I got interrupted alot) some more Easter cards and played games and music from my ipod until late on Saturday night. 
 
On Saturday afternoon Rachel made some pikelets to serve up for afternoon tea.  They tasted that good, they disappear fast like lightning. She made pikelets as her cooking lesson at school on Friday afternoon but that batch wasn't that great to consume.  I worked out qhat went wrong there as I watched her made them at home.  Of course I had to assist her at times with the right amount of ingredients to add.
 
Monique went to the cinema twice to see the same movie "HANSEL AND GRETEL" this weekend.  She seen the movie the first time with her father yesterday and off to the cinema again with friends this morning as she loves it!!  After the reports given about this movie I don't know if I want to see the movie myself.
 
Last night's bowling showed alot of dramas.  The centre wasn't in full operation as the main power supply had a major electrical fault to one of their fuses that happened that day.  It caused alot of power supply lost to lights in the office, carparks and only half the lanes were in operation. I was told it could be up to two weeks before the centre resumes back to normal. Luckily for us we are only a small numbered league but other leagues might have to cancel for one week as they need more then half the centre lanes to play.  Even social bowlers won't be able to play this week. Overall we won all the points against one of the lower team placements.  I bowled crap but my team mate managed to save us by bowling great games..
 
Time for bed as it is getting very late.  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment