Saturday 16 March 2013

Screwed up week

Hi everyone! How was your week? Another week just about gone out the door.  It seems it doesn't matter which corner I turn these days, I always hear someone is in hospital or has been diagnosed with some serious illness that could threaten their lifestyle.
 
What a start of the week I had!  My MIL stayed here out of the blue on Monday night while my FIL was in hospital to have a heart pacemaker installed.  The original plan was to go to hospital for only a routine check up but the doctor found out his heart stopped for 12 seconds.  He is already on the waiting list for a hip replacement but they aren't sure if the operation will go ahead now. Also they suspect he might have the early stages of alzheimers disease.  The kids are more sad about what's happening as it is their second grandfather to be sick and hospitalized for a short time. What hurt Monique the most was her grandfather forgot who she was at arrival. They had majority of school hours off school on Tuesday to go up to the hospital to visit him.
 
Because of what happened earlier this week, we forgot about Monique's excusion happened on Wednesday but she was so lucky to just make it on time to catch the bus.  It was an excursion for a bus load of Art students to visit the Art Gallery in South Brisbane. 
 
The kids only have another two weeks of school left then they will be on school holidays for two weeks after the Easter weekend. Next week I will have two school events to attend to. Rachel has parent teacher interviews and I have been invited to attend to her breakfast menu (as part of her food studies assessment).  Wish her luck!
 
This morning I attended to a scrapbooking workshop until 1pm.  It was nice to get out of the house and chat to other people.  I think that was what I really need after the type of week I had.
 
Better go as my 14 yo daughter wants me to be her taxi driver to travel to a birthday party. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment