Friday 8 March 2013

Another week passes

Good morning everyone!  How was your week?  If my belated Nanna was still alive, she would've been 103 on Monday. She died five years ago from Alzheimers disease. But I was out that day by spending some time with my best friend.  We went to the movies to see FLIGHT and had lunch afterwards at a cafe in Brisbane. 
 
Other than normal commitments, I had two scrap meets on Tuesday and Wednesday. Yesterday afternoon we decided to call in to the primary school for about half an hour as Rachel wanted to see some staff members. I was abit surprised to see an old building disappeared.
 
You may recall I mentioned I have a couple of sick patients in previous posts.  The gravely ill male patient with an aggressive brain tumour is still sustaining life as much as possible. He might not last the weekend as he is not responding much at all now. I can't believe how much a person's life can change in such a short time.  He was quite a healthy person until this pest of a mean tumour came along.  Another friend is currently in hospital since Wednesday.  She had surgery caused from breast cancer.  Her surgery went well and is making a nice recovery.  They think she might return home this weekend.
 
At present time I am enjoying the sights of sunshine moments after weeks of rain and more rain.  But the sun might not last for very long as there is a tropical cyclone on watch. We have a category one TC named Sandra, forming in the eastern Coral Sea. This TC is expected to continue moving east during the next 24 hours while intensifying. Tomorrow the TC is expected to turn southward. Current indications state the system will remain well out to sea until at least the middle of next week. Currently this TC poses no threat to the state's coast. 
 
It's now lunchtime so I better go and get some chores done before the kids come home from school in over three hours.  Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment