Wednesday 9 January 2013

Unexpected start to the New Year

Where did the past eight days of 2013 go?  It's hard to believe a week of 2013 has passed on by already. At bowling yesterday I saw the countdown for 2013 NYE on. Don't know why as it is many weeks away. I think the bowling alley staff might of forgotten to turn off the computer program for the display to be seen.  But like someone else said on facebook, everything is too commericalized these days. 
 
My spirit of holiday celebrations are long gone out the window these days. I never bothered dealing with festive season celebrations last year.  It was just too much was going on in 2012. And I am not sure if 2013 will be any better.  Don't they say 13 is an unlucky number for some?
 
After returning home from my summer holiday on NYE, I was abit road lagged for a couple of days.  After I caught up on some sleep I was busy spring cleaning Rachel's room.  I have other rooms to do as well but it might be a little while before I can do that now as I have a sore arm.  I was mildly hit by a car yesterday!  I was the pedestrian walking to my car at the shopping centre when a hatchback decided to reverse back into me at a low impact speed.  I heard it is quite a common incident happening at shopping centre carparks. I had close calls before but I guess yesterday was the unlucky day for it to happen. When people say they feel like they have been hit by a truck, well..... they shouldn't joke about it!!  I know what it is like to be hit by a vehicle.  I wouldn't even wish for this to happen to my worst enemy.   
 
Only Rachel saw the incident happening as she was with me.  Monique was walking further ahead of us. She probably was at the car waiting by the time I got hit.  I was more thankful it wasn't Rachel who got hit as her road sense isn't fully there as yet.  Then again most kids don't have the right sense until they are well into adult life.
 
Other then my drama in my life, there has been good times. I have been window shopping for a new car as we feel it's time for a new one as the current model is 13 years old.  It requires more mechanical work which will cost more then its current market value..  I have found this new model I love since I have seen the TV advertisements for it over summer. I haven't been for a test drive but I was very comfortable sitting in the driver's seat.  It will be a sporty model version of the vehicle.  It will only cost a $1000 more for extra features.....tinted windows, a rear spoiler, fog lights, reverse camera installed and alloy wheels.  It will be different feel with the car with some electronic devices after driving an older model for so long.
 
I caught up with one of my friends yesterday.  We went to the movies to see Life of Pi, had lunch at the cafe and went social bowling. The bowling league resumes back on this Sunday night so it was more a league practice play ready for the weekend.  Monique heard there is a big tournament to be played in Brisbane this weekend and she is keen on entering it.  But I am not happy with junior co-ordinator at the bowling alley for giving her such short notice to play. 
 
Safe travels everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment