Wednesday 2 January 2013

Farewell 2012!!!


Goodbye 2012!  Where did the year go?  To think back in time on how the year went, I would have to say I had my ups and downs throughout the year.

I had a couple of sick relatives in hospital for a short time and one death in the family.  On top of all that I have a 14 yo child who started to become rebellious teenager by wagging school for half a term and done a runner from home twice.  All because of her 16 yo boyfriend of only five months and a new female friend in late teens she’s been hanging around with are the bad influence to her.  Both of these kids were school drop outs. She met these kids from her bowling league.  The only regret was to continue her in the same teen bowling league in 2012.

Another drama I had to deal with was my car. After 13 years of ownership, the serious mechanical problems had started.  The car wasn’t driven for about a term as I need to get a re-conditioned auto transmission and new drive shafts. Just before I plan on going away on summer holidays my car started to overheat. It turns out the thermostat started to have seizures. It will cost me $300 for a new thermostat.  At this stage we are thinking it’s about time for a new car as there is other mechanical work needs to be done which will cost more then the current market value of the vehicle.  We have afew brochures to view on which new car to buy.  There is two new hatch models I like but I will need to go for a test drive to see how comfortable it is to sit and drive in them.  Guess I better decide soon what to do as my car rego is due to be paid by next month.

My little baby girl has graduated from primary school now.  She had her school graduation on the last week of the school year in December 2012. It was a happy and a sad occassion as I knew it will be the last time we will be walking into the school grounds to see the school community.

On a good note I remained in the same bowling leagues on Sunday night and Wednesdays with the same people. But we did have a couple of new players joined our Sunday night league.  This league finished by late November. My team came 9th and we won afew prizes for team and individual placing for the year.  Wednesday’s league finished up in early December which I managed to come 4th and had the highest game scratch on record.  The ladies and I went out for a social dinner at a local sports club until midnight.

Scrapbooking was another hobby I spent a lot of hours throughout the year.  I attended to a lot of workshops and casual meets via a CM consultant and a local craft store near my home address. Also I was introduced to French Scrapbooking via AZZA.  This ideal method is interlocking photos onto pages and use stencils to highlight as embellishments or titles. This method probably would suit me better because I grew up using stencils all my life.

I was long overdue for a holiday which I spent 11 days with Monique in Central QLD over the festive season.  It was nice to get away from all the dramas at home.  We had the opportunity to catch up with some friends and relatives in Gladstone and Mackay. Also we had done a lot of shopping and sightseeing around both towns, beaches and the harbour.

All the best for a successful 2013! Hope all your dreams will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment