Saturday 29 September 2012

First week of School Holidays

Hi everyone!  How was your week?  This week marked the first week of the school holidays for spring. Inspite the weather changes from hot to storms and cooler days throughout the week, didn't this week go by fast? 

While Miss M had organised her own lifestyle with her bf and/or friends, I had to organised some activities to keep Miss R entertained.  This week we seen two children movies at the cinema and spend an hour at a public holiday for fun activities with other primary school children.  The activity tables had a rotation system going because they were about 30 kids of all primary school ages in this room. It was either lego creating, art and crafts or playing games on the ipad. I think the ipad table was her favourite because she taken a while to leave that table.

Yesterday we went to the club to meet up with my parents there for lunch to help celebrate my mum's birthday.  Even through I am now a yearly member there I don't go to this club very often as it is an hour's drive away from home. The club had Friday raffles going and a morning entertainment for two hours with a man and a woman (in my age group) singing a variety of music to the audience of mostly seniors who were doing line dancing.  Not sure reggae is the right music for line dancing but I love listening to their reggae stuff.

Poor little Miss R might of been abit bored because the childcare area wasn't opened during the daytime hours.  But she managed to keep herself amused by doing some origami folds of animals and a table lamp from the raffle tickets (after the draws were over).  She gave two of her origami folds to the lady who organised the raffles for the day. Miss R must of had the luck of the day on our table because she came home with $50 cash. She wants to save the money to use to buy an ipod later on. My Dad gave her only $2 to spend on the raffles. Also my Dad paid for our drinks because I was short on cash at hand. Thanks to someone who might of borrowed my money without asking.

What's on your agenda for this weekend?  Don't forget this weekend is a long weekend in Australia.  Queen's Birthday is held on Monday!  Haven't really got much planned with this household.  Just take the days after I wake up each morning.  But today I am hoping to get some washing done as I heard it might rain tomorrow

Whatever plans you might have, have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment