Saturday 1 September 2012

August report

Goodbye winter!  Welcome spring!  I enjoy this time of the year as the temperatures during the day and night rises slightly each month, the daylight hours increases, new wildlife animals are born and flowers are in full bloom.
 
How was your past month? I am glad August is now over as it hasn't been a pleasant month.  I had a couple of uneventful news or events had happened. We had one death in the family, flu virus hit most household members here and two cars with mechanical problems. 
 
The kids and I are still recovering from the flu for the past two weeks. We been to the doctors twice and consumed two coarses of antibotics for infections. I had sinus and chest infection. Rachel had one week off school because she was quite sick with a lung and chest infection.  She was a close call to be admitted into hospital too.
 
August was a busy month for birthdays. Consider I have met afew people through craft and bowling, I intend to hear some people celebrate their birthday this month too.  Myself and my rebellious 14 yo daughter are only three days apart. No celebrations happened this year because I have been sick with this winter bug. 
 
August was a very dry month with limited rainfall. The highest temperature we had was 28 degrees which happened on last Thursday week.  The lowest temperature we had was 1.9 C which happened in the first week of August.
 
Today is the first official day of spring here in Australia..  And what a gorgeous suuny day it was here (where I live).  A great day to start spring cleaning around the place but I think I will wait until I get over this flu.  I was told by the doctor it could take a month to really get over it fully.
 
Depending on how the tempertures go we could be in for an early summer this year.  Our storm season has started but the two storms we had recently sizzled out by the time they moved to the coastal areas. 
 
Our football season will be ending soon.  Both AFL and NRL games will start their final series next weekend. This year I started to do footy tipping, just for fun!  A good thing I didn't pay for it as I didn't get all my predictions right on most weeks. There was only one week I had my predictions spot on with all games.
 
Three games of State of Origin (NRL) were held between May to July.   These games were played between Queensland and New South Wales.  Queensland had won for the 7th time in a row now!!
 
In Australia it will be Father's Day tomorrow. The kids and I have been to the shops to do some present shopping today. Guess I better think about an early night as I will have visitors over tomorrow.
 
Enjoy your first month of spring (for southern hemisphere residents) or autumn (if you live in the northern hemisphere)!

No comments:

Post a Comment